McLean&Appleton Mercedes-Benz - Stockport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Just learnt that the above are ceasing trading from the end of this month and not taking bookings (but still listed on the MB site)

Just learnt that the above are ceasing trading from the end of this month and not taking bookings (but still listed on the MB site)

Are these the ones on the Stanley Green industrial estate?

Are these the ones on the Stanley Green industrial estate?

Don't know them at all - was just looking for a MB service partner on the MB website and when I called they told me they were closing down.

The MB dealership I know in Stockport, on Wellington Road, Isn't closing, but I don't know this dealer.

The MB dealership I know in Stockport, on Wellington Road, Isn't closing, but I don't know this dealer.

These are not a dealer but an Authorised Service Agent according to the MB site if you Find A Retailer, Manchester

Not sure what's gone on there - McLean & Appleton used to be the MB dealer in Macclesfield, but they lost out in MB's big shake-up of the dealers a few years ago, and they became an Authorised Repairer.

Their address is now shown as Handforth (at the back of Manchester Airport) so looks like the Macc branch may have moved and is now closing altogether? They're part of a little group: http://www.hatfields.co.uk/

After the shake-up there were quite a few Authorised Repairers, but there's only a couple left now.

Last edited:
Macclesfield MB is still up and running fine as far as I am aware(part of a group including Whitefield), we picked our new car up from there on Friday anyway :) .

McLean & Appleton are about 1 mile from where I live on an industrial estate. I rang last August when I first got my car to ask about servicing costs and they charged more than the main dealer in Macclesfield :crazy: .

Macclesfield MB is still up and running fine as far as I am aware(part of a group including Whitefield), we picked our new car up from there on Friday anyway :) .
Right, but that's the *new* MB dealer. Not sure how aware you are of this, but MB canned most of the small dealers maybe 6? years ago, and (generally) went with bigger groups who would spend the necessary sums on "glass palace" type showrooms. McLean & Appleton was the MB dealer in Macclesfield prior to the shake-up - they were in Crossall Street, I think the garage was known as Macclesfield Garages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom