Mcse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WLeg

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB GLC250
I am one. I have been on a boot camp MCSE course in Boston. Just passed MCSE (Security) Windows 2003....in 13 non-stop days. :bannana: :D

Well done :D

(No idea what you're on about though, but you seem well chuffed, so am happy for you!)

Congrat's - hard work!! Well done for getting through it.

Congratulations I am still trying to master my MouSCE...:D

Congrats! That's quite an achievment & you should be rightly proud.

- and just in time for Server 2008 :devil:

I am one. I have been on a boot camp MCSE course in Boston. Just passed MCSE (Security) Windows 2003....in 13 non-stop days. :bannana: :D

I did it in a week in 2003. At the same time I did Cisco CCNA inside the six months not allowable by Cisco. :rock:

Don't worry, Malcom. It taken care off. We keep the country network wired up and secured.

Microsoft Network MCSE is rather simple. You are taught how to install Windows Server 2003(new one 2008) and configured the security so that it cannot be hacked and tampered. There are a lot of jardons.

Cisco CCNA is the first stage of Network similar to MCSE Network. It goes back to protocol TCIP what you already know in electronics, start bit, end bit and checksum. Bridges, routers etc. There are four stages all web-based and have to pass examination at every stages. Cisco laid a guideline these have to be completed over a six months period for quality assurance. If you do it too fast you may forget what you learn. It nothing to do with engineer, it more a technician job.

This is off topic nothing to do with Merc.;)

Microsoft Network MCSE is rather simple. You are taught how to install Windows Server 2003(new one 2008) and configured the security so that it cannot be hacked and tampered. There are a lot of jardons.

Cisco CCNA is the first stage of Network similar to MCSE Network. It goes back to protocol TCIP what you already know in electronics, start bit, end bit and checksum. Bridges, routers etc. There are four stages all web-based and have to pass examination at every stages. Cisco laid a guideline these have to be completed over a six months period for quality assurance. If you do it too fast you may forget what you learn. It nothing to do with engineer, it more a technician job.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree here. An MCSE is far more than what you describe and simple isnt my experience.

To pass an MCSE in just 13 days is a hell of an achievement in my view.

[edit] I've just re-read your post, there is no such thing as a Microsoft Network MCSE...

Interesting above the CCNA, because I'm booked to do that in a week (well, 6 days) ...in a fews months in Pheonix with the same people. Maybe different rule in the US ?

http://www.americaninteractive.com/ccna.html

By the way, I cannot recommend AI highly enough - Jay, their tutor really knows this stuff very well, and gets and keeps the class going, so that the days did not feel too draining. He is also a bit of a car and gun nut (well, he's American), so after class on exam days (if we passed) we all went to the range (never shoot a .454 Casull out of a 2" Ruger one handed)......

They have a referal program, please let me know if you are thinking of sending anyone, and I will help get a discount (and a kickback from them).

Last edited:
No, you're right typically CCNA's are 6 day events...

There's a lot of misinformation in a certain gentleman's posts.

How much was the MCSE all in? Did this include accomodation/flights etc?

With hotel including breakfast and lunch both training courses come to $8490.00 - about £4250.00. You need to sort out dinner. For Boston a car is recommended - I've posted before about cheap Hertz hire.

Flights - I'm using BA miles, but to Boston you can get a return for £500.00. It works out about the same as some of the UK training centres, money wise. But you are way from the day to day stuff, and so can get your brain into MCSE mode.... Also, the class and after class stuff is more fun....

Interesting above the CCNA, because I'm booked to do that in a week (well, 6 days) ...in a fews months in Pheonix with the same people. Maybe different rule in the US ?

http://www.americaninteractive.com/ccna.html

By the way, I cannot recommend AI highly enough - Jay, their tutor really knows this stuff very well, and gets and keeps the class going, so that the days did not feel too draining. He is also a bit of a car and gun nut (well, he's American), so after class on exam days (if we passed) we all went to the range (never shoot a .454 Casull out of a 2" Ruger one handed)......

They have a referal program, please let me know if you are thinking of sending anyone, and I will help get a discount (and a kickback from them).

Impossible. A degree can be bought in US as they said.:rolleyes:

MCSE? Must Call Someone Experienced?

Very funny. For those interested it means Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. There are varieties: Network, .Net, C#.net, VB.net, security.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom