Me again...just found these on my one day old car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BarryWhitt

Car
C-Class 200 Sport Premium
Having picked the car up yesterday brand new and my other thread re scratch on the bonnet I have just found these blemishes on both offside wheels while I gave the car a good clean after all that rain yesterday.
The marks are in the varnish as they didn't come off and were very smooth.

They are going to respray the bonnet and I've just sent these photos to them for a response/reply.

IMG_20170304_124742667%20Small_zpsjaqvrjzv.jpg

IMG_20170304_124733534_HDR%20Small_zpsa9m0jelj.jpg

I would imagine they will fix the wheels under warranty if under the laquer, possibly new wheels.

Not had much luck though have you?

Not the end of the world but understand your disappointment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the wheels, make certain they don't just do a cheap paint job that many dealers do on their used cars as that will ultimately start to peel off. Better if they are replaced or failing that, a proper grit blasting and powder coating to give the finish some longevity.

Mercedes has just replaced 3 alloys on my newly bought 2 year old E class because of corrosion under the lacquer around the center caps and done a fantastic job of refurbishing the 4th alloy due to curbing.Take it back and insist they replace the offending wheels.

GOOD NEWS :D
I took the car to Petrolhead detailing on the understanding that I will be getting a ceramic coating once the car is sorted.

The guy there had a look at the bonnet and the wheels and polished the deposit on the bonnet out and the light scratch marks where MB had attempted to remove it. He also said that MB put stupid stickers on the wheels for some unknown reason and yes they look and feel like it's under the varnish but it wasn't so he removed those marks as well...ALL FOR FREE :D

I went back to MB dealership and said that I want to have him do a £300.00 new car preparation and for them to pay for it, they agreed straight away and I said I would top that £300.00 up to go for an even better ceramic 5 year warranty job.

So I'm getting a top job worth £600.00 for £300.00

All's come good in the end.

Thanks everyone for your input and advice.

IMG_20170304_162354703_HDR%20Small_zps1xobkvv5.jpg

Result...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom