Me Connect

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xant14

Car
ROVER 75, 2015 CLS350 Shooting Pigeons
Two days ago I have just bought my 2 year old CLS Shooting brake and am discovering what it can do.
I registered for Mercedes ME Connect and it has asked me to get it activated by visiting a Mercedes garage.
I phoned my local one in Swindon and the girls says I have to take it to where I bought it... 150 miles away AND not a Mercedes dealer!
I explained this and she said she would look into it, but she also said she won't be in work tomorrow. Is this right? I thought I was covered up to three years?
I also need my map updating I think.. Do these cost? I understand it takes someones time, but...

You can take it to any MB dealer - which ever you choose on the portal and your car is still eligible for free map upgrades.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Two days ago I have just bought my 2 year old CLS Shooting brake and am discovering what it can do.

I registered for Mercedes ME Connect and it has asked me to get it activated by visiting a Mercedes garage.

I phoned my local one in Swindon and the girls says I have to take it to where I bought it... 150 miles away AND not a Mercedes dealer!

I explained this and she said she would look into it, but she also said she won't be in work tomorrow. Is this right? I thought I was covered up to three years?

I also need my map updating I think.. Do these cost? I understand it takes someones time, but...

You don't need to physically take it to a dealer, just call up the selling dealer and they'll set it up on their system for you. Otherwise, give me a call and I'll sort it, but it is supposed to be the selling dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need to physically take it to a dealer, just call up the selling dealer and they'll set it up on their system for you. Otherwise, give me a call and I'll sort it, but it is supposed to be the selling dealer

That is very good of you. My trouble is the car was bought at an independent dealer, Velvis of Colchester. I have been in to a dealer today but the girl who could 'maybe' sort it wasn't in.
I would like to take you up on your offer if thats ok.. I can scan any documents you need for proof of ownership and who I am.
Thanks
Rob

I explained this and she said she would look into it, but she also said she won't be in work tomorrow. Is this right?

I think you'll find most employees are entitled to a certain amount of time off.

I think you'll find most employees are entitled to a certain amount of time off.

Haha, I mean't having to take the car where I bought it from. which is 1 not a Mercedes dealer and 2 a million miles away.

JBD Thanks

A big big thanks to JBD for all his help this morning. It is working a treat. Really impressed with the lock/unlock feature with the phone.

A big big thanks to JBD for all his help this morning. It is working a treat. Really impressed with the lock/unlock feature with the phone.

No problem at all, happy to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you got this sorted. I had exactly the same problem with my used C300h bought from a non-Mercedes dealer. Spent weeks being passed between dealerships and the Connect helpline giving me some old nonsense about data protection of the previous owner in case I was trying to access his car. I pointed out that since I most certainly had the car it was in fact my movements he could now track and unlock my car if he wanted!

In the end the guy on the helpline agreed to sort it after I'd sent PDFs of my licence, V5 and sales invoice. I was told if it'd been bought from Merc they'd have swapped the owners over at point of sale, but lots of people buy elsewhere so it really shouldn't be so hard to do or are we supposed to accept the loss of all the trick online features?

I drove my ordered months ago, new car away only to find Mercedes Me was not enabled on it, even though I'd been registered well in advance and the dealership knew I was keenly interested in it. An email to them, a day or twos wait and it was enabled remotely.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I've never enabled mine - what am I missing please?

status of:

total mileage
fuel tank range
car locked
Tyre pressure
fuel economy
car location

Lock and unlock car door with phone
car unlocked warning on phone
Check open / close status of windows, sunroof, doors
status of coolant
status of washer fluid
status of brake pads
fuel level
Set geo fences and email notifications when car enters or exits these zones
Last journey time, distance and mpg
Time elapsed since car last started (park time)
send an address to your car's sat nav
continue sat nav instructions on foot
miles / date to next service
odometer
Eco credentials - acceleration, constant speed, coast
commute route traffic congestion warning alert to leave earlier

Lock and unlock car door with phone

car unlocked warning on phone

Check open / close status of windows, sunroof, doors

status of coolant

status of washer fluid

status of brake pads

fuel level

Set geo fences and email notifications when car enters or exits these zones

Last journey time, distance and mpg

Time elapsed since car last started (park time)

send an address to your car's sat nav

continue sat nav instructions on foot

miles / date to next service

odometer

Eco credentials - acceleration, constant speed, coast

commute route traffic congestion warning alert to leave earlier

Screen shots from my phone:

0873623956c2c650814a0c33fb43f7b5.jpg
4552c6299581f1dc0dae147e30f0b162.jpg
e472203218496de8fc1c327bf627b726.jpg

And iPad:

46f5c022a3e64e98e0266dd2887e60af.jpg

Don't think any of this applies to a W212 2014 though as that is what user 'developer' has right? I think you can only use the Mercedes Me OBDII adapter

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That might explain why it doesn't recognise my VIN.

What's the intro date of Mercedes Me?

The App and the mobile web app have different layouts and the web app has additional functionality that the App itself doesn't. It's almost if there were two different design teams responsible for their delivery as the UI elements are different.

The App and the mobile web app have different layouts and the web app has additional functionality that the App itself doesn't. It's almost if there were two different design teams responsible for their delivery as the UI elements are different.
Glad you mentioned that as I've just persevered with the web client and find out it is as fully featured as mentioned earlier, so that's great as it adds navigation, though not as convenient as the Android Mercedes Me app.
e6886680bb992c8e86ca265c944704e1.jpg
c5e6d180c2931631e9edfcca32b7e1a8.jpg

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Where do you get the app for the iPad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom