Measurement Needed Front Spring seat position S211 320Cdi Elegance 2007

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

justonemorerepair

Car
Mercedes E320CDi 2007 Estate
First post here as in need of some assistance. Front suspension feels hard and rebound is aggressive over small bumps so thinking that the spring maybe over compressed by the lower spring seat being set at the wrong (too high) level on the shock
Looking elsewhere here I see that there is a MB service sheet that tantalizingly links to another to explain which groove the ring pin should go in to set the correct position, this only says, as numerous members have already stated that you measure up your old seat position and set the seat on the new shock to the same...not exactly helpful if you think it's wrong already!
The only way around this I can see, without experimenting with different heights, is if some kind person out there has the same model as mine (with good suspension) and could run a tape measure up the shock to provide a measurement to the seat? - alternatively I'll need to venture out to cars on the market and pretend I always measure the shocks before I buy!

Incidentally, has anyone moved the ring pin between grooves by just compressing the spring or will the shock have to come off?

Many thanks in advance

Hi J, and welcome. A photo or two might help. I am not familiar with 2007 E320 diesel front suspension struts, did not even realise they were adjustable ?

Someone on here will know.

Thanks for your reply, I attach here the service sheet, I have marked up the dimension I am looking for, you'll see in step 10 that it refers to the position the support should be set at with a link onto another document (which I couldn't get to work) however my indie has seen it and it just says to measure off the old shock and set the new one accordingly!

Attachments

• AR32.25-P-1018TS.pdf
    176.4 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom