Meat and fish deliveries. Any experience?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spin_bowler

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLC, Tesla MY
I've a long boring, back story which I shan't bother regurgitating but circumstances dictate I need a big fillet of beef and some monkfish delivered, waiting for me when I get back home from a week away next Saturday.

I've Googled and can see there's any number of people offering this service but I've no way of knowing how good they are. Does anyone on here have any recommendations? Quality and reliability more important than price.

Turner & George for meat highly recommended.

Fish, no experience.

I've a long boring, back story which I shan't bother regurgitating but circumstances dictate I need a big fillet of beef and some monkfish delivered, waiting for me when I get back home from a week away next Saturday.

I'm intrigued... :confused:

I do realise that supermarkets deliver. I'll look forward to Saturday morning checking my substitutions;

"We didn't have a fillet of beef so have sent you 8 x Waitrose prime burgers, no monkfish so here are 4 x Findus jumbo fish fingers."

I've no margin for error.

this Donald Russell Online Butcher is exceptionally good. Stuff arrives in a really thick polystyrene box - but everything is frozen (bags of dry ice keep it that way) - they say it's good for something like 3 days is left unopened.

Quality of fresh (as in uncooked) brilliant.

I've used them many times

The options for delivery are wide so you could have someone else take it & open for you in advance of your return

Can you not arrange with a local butcher and fishmonger to have these items ready for you? Takes away the potential for Parcel Force, DPD, Yodel etc to damage, lose or otherwise mess up.

Get to know your local guys.

My butcher gives me a great deal if I buy half a cow or pig and then he deals with it for me into the stuff I cook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom