Mechanic topped up screenwash with straight water?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My previous MB was squirting jelly after mixing up a number of different brands.
I hear you , it's just the first time I ever heard of this phenomena was here on this MB forum and it is obviously real and may be a subject on Audi/BMW/Zastava forums worldwide for all I know , but it has never happened to me. What has occurred to me is that I have (and still do) use(d) screen wash from just about every manufacturer and bargain basement shop known to man but NOT from Mercedes Benz.

Maybe the stuff they sell is designed to 'jell up' with other brands thereby making people think they must only use the MB stuff . ;)🤷‍♂️:p

Maybe the stuff they sell is designed to 'jell up' with other brands thereby making people think they must only use the MB stuff . ;)🤷‍♂️:p

I've seen the same comments made about mixing 'official' BMW screenwash with other brands.:)

My view over the last few years has been that I'd rather that the dealer / indy not replenish the screenwash - and that way I know what is going in to the car and kmow roughly what the mix is as I go through the seasons.

As an indie who see’s a simple fix warning light, say a side light or washer level light lit, I think it would be rude not to top up or fit a bulb but now if you do top up the screenwash your in the wrong???

As an indie who see’s a simple fix warning light, say a side light or washer level light lit, I think it would be rude not to top up or fit a bulb but now if you do top up the screenwash your in the wrong???
Top up with actual screenwash though not just 100% water

Top up with actual screenwash though not just 100% water
Just squirt a bit out and put your chosen screenwash in, not a big problem.

Just squirt a bit out and put your chosen screenwash in, not a big problem.
Wouldn’t it just be easier if the top up was done with the correct fluid to begin with ?

Reactions: GLK
I told you in post #38 , there is a whole sub culture that lives in the dark under belly of this forum dedicated to coloured potions that most sane people do not even give a moments thought to.

Now , where did I put that can of purified Nitrogen ? I need to pump one of my tyres up.

I'm amazed this thread even exists!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom