Media interface cables and iphone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Technophobe

Car
W204 C200cdi BlueEfficiency Elegance
I've scoured this and other forums without getting a solution. Hope someone can help me!

I have a w2004 C-Class (reg 2010) with COMAND and the media interface socket in the glovebox. There were no cables so I searched the web and found that the set I required was coded A001 827 8204. I bought a set off e-bay and they arrived today. There is no outer packaging so I cannot verify the code (which the seller placed on his advert as A001 827 8204) but the 3 cables are coded as follows:

A002 827 2104 (MI2 - IPOD)
A002 827 2204 (MI2 - AUX)
A002 827 2304 (MI2 - USB)

They are the straight cables, not the ones which have the cable coming out sideways from the interface plug.

Using the IPOD cable, I connected via bluetooth (no problem except the usual one of not being able to import the address book which is week known and which has been widely discussed here). The Media Cable was plugged in and started charging the iPhone. However, when I went to the menus and selected "Media Interface" it showed "Device not compatible". I tried powering down the iPhone and back on again (as has been suggested elsewhere), but no joy.

Any thoughts?

Bump - anyone.

Additional info. I'm using and iPhone 4s with the latest OSi update. It appears to disconnect the bluetooth if I connect the phone to the media interface if connected before plugging it in.

Really would like to solve this one - even if just to know I have to get a different cable!!

In case anyone curious. Problem solved.

The cables sold to me were not the ones described but were for 2012 media interface 2 not the earlier version! Vendor had mistakenly posted out the wrong set, but as the outer packaging with the code on was missing, he did not realise. Took me a while to research this as the codes on the cables themselves differ from the code typically used on the package. Seller now sending me the correct cables!

Help!

In case anyone curious. Problem solved.

The cables sold to me were not the ones described but were for 2012 media interface 2 not the earlier version! Vendor had mistakenly posted out the wrong set, but as the outer packaging with the code on was missing, he did not realise. Took me a while to research this as the codes on the cables themselves differ from the code typically used on the package. Seller now sending me the correct cables!

Hi
I have just bought a 2011 c coupe, and like you I didn't get any cables when I purchased the car.
I have the comand system and what I need is ideally 2 cables. One for my iPhone and another for my iPod.
I'm currently using an apple USB cable for my iPod and I think this is the reason my songs are not playing to the track listing and are separated in different folders.
Please could you guide me as to which cables I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom