Media Interface Lead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Evening all

I think I have bought the wrong Media Interface lead for my car.

I have a 2011 W212, with the MI port in the armrest stowage compartment. I had a cheapo ebay lead for an iPhone 4s that I used with the genuine Apple adapter to adapt it from aa 30 pin dock plug to a lightning plug and that worked fine on my new to me iPhone 5s.

I recently bought a genuine MB lead and when i use that, Command says the device is not compatible.

The lead I bought is part number: A000 827 12 00. Is this the wrong one?

Think I will use my existing lead and the adapter. I now believe this is for MY2013 on-wards. D'oh. Best I put it in the Classifieds section.

Yes, the MI->Lightning lead is for Media Interface 2 only. Your car has Media Interface 1

Richard

Thanks Richard. Much appreciated Any idea if I have NTG4 or NTG4.5? Also do MB do an MI lead for an iPhone 5s that would work with MI version one?

Last edited:
Thanks Richard. Much appreciated Any idea if I have NTG4 or NTG4.5? Also do MB do an MI lead for an iPhone 5s that would work with MI version one?

PCMCIA slot = NTG4
SD card slot = NTG4.5

Nope, no MI-1 lightning lead, I always use the Mercedes 40pin lead and a genuine Apple converter - the one with a short lead rather than the block one.

Richard

Thanks Richard. That saves me from searching for a lead that doesn't exist!! I am now using a genuine Apple converter lead as you suggest but an EBay cheapo MI>30 pin iPhone 4 plug and it seems to work ok. Thanks again for the useful info mate

Quick question does anyone know what the cables look like for an mmi.
Long story found a breakers here with 2011 eclass they are breaking.
But do not have much knowledge on the cables they got me the mmi block and the cable that takes it to the glovebox but not the other cables. Can anyone send me a picture .
P.s if any one wants the harmon kardon heady it and speakers they are going very cheap as there no digital radio here in Estonia So they have no buyers for it !! Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom