Medium wave stations not recognised any more.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clanny

Car
2004 E220 cdi
Yesterday I thought I'd guddle about with my command and change the welcome screen in Engineering mode to the AMG welcome for a laugh.

It all went well and my daughter thought it was cool but, when I went for a drive, I noticed that the command and dashboard display on MW appear to have changed:

On FM, when I press a memory button it tunes to a station and then displays the station rather than the frequency. The MW always displayed the frequency, no problem.
On FM, there is nothing on the command screen offering +\- tuning for the horizontal arrows but I can scroll through the presets with the up down arrows. No problem.
On MW, I think it was always like this too but now I'm getting the option for horizontal tuning detailed above.
On the dash, when I'm on FM, on the display I get the station and on MW, I used to get the frequency. This has now gone. I'm just getting a blank with up and down arrows as normal. I think this is the same for LW.
Nothing has changed for dvd(MP3) or for CDs.

I'm thinking I must have done something when in the engineering mode but despite looking at all the menus and options, I was careful to back out without changing anything.

Any suggestions?

Just to clear this up. I reset the AMG welcome screen back to original and it's fixed the dashboard MW display. No idea why it would affect the radio display but it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom