Medway Autos Closed for Mercedes! :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jadefox

Car
GLA AMG 220 CDI
Just popped into Medway Autos and found out that as of last Tuesday they are no longer dealing with Mercedes :(

I am gutted coz for the little things like when I needed a touch up for the paint and a new wiper blade they were really very handy - and excellent customer service too.

Anyway - thought i'd let you guys know

I'm using Steve from this board to fix my brakes coz he's come recommended to me anyway.

Only looking at their website yesterday. Has Brabus gone too?

Wasn't Medway the dealer Grav used and was very uncomplimentary about.?

If so, it's no surprise they lost the francise.

Brabus has gone too.

And if you do a search on Kent on this site Brabus and MB Medway Autos have a lot of great reviews....not sure about the experience Grav had, but they were first class when I went to have a turbo pipe replaced and a few other bits.

Doesn't look like they've changed their website yet

http://www.medwayautos.co.uk/

Last edited:
Just popped into Medway Autos and found out that as of last Tuesday they are no longer dealing with Mercedes :(

What reason have they given for this?

Just curious

Wasn't Medway the dealer Grav used and was very uncomplimentary about.?

If so, it's no surprise they lost the francise.

That was the body shop.

Every body shop I have used unfortunately have been cr*p and they only managed to do a satisfactory job on second/third attempt after having to really push them and they were all MB approved but the Dealer themselves did a resonable job on the cars for servicing/repairs etc.

Last edited:
well, not sure, but the actual garage there keeps running out of fuel - I don't know how accurate this hearsay is, but the story goes that the garage petrol station (which is a texaco) and the dealership next to it are part of the same company, and they haven't had the money to pay for the fuel - hence running out sometimes.
Obviously I have no idea if the hearsay is true, but if it is then chances are both dealership and petrol station might not be in business for much longer...?

Oh and as an aside - I got a quote to do the work on my brakes from another stealership....they quoted (if both the pads + discs needed replacing) Rears £350 and Fronts £455.
I phoned a guy off of here who comes HIGHLY recommended and he quoted £190 Rears and £160 Fronts...so let's say worst way both sets needed pads and discs (which let's face it is highly unlikely) but lets just say for sake of argument they did - then which would I rather pay....over £800 or £350 for the same job.

I'm so pleased I found you guys!! :D :D :D

Last edited:
Well, looks like I had heard right, drove past Greens (Medway Autos) and the whole lot is gone!
Shame, another victim of the credit crunch :(

The whole place is closed? Ie the petrol station, Vauxhall and Fiat showrooms?

I phone up for some parts a couple of weeks ago and he said they couldn't help anymore for Mercedes parts.

My girlfriend has a Fiat, and the workshop there were really good (and always seemed busy!)

Well, looks like I had heard right, drove past Greens (Medway Autos) and the whole lot is gone!
Shame, another victim of the credit crunch :(

Seems a lot is being blamed on the credit crunch, it could well be that if they have been running out of fuel for a while it is just not a viable business.....

The petrol station has not had any petrol for a few weeks but the Vauxhall part is still open so I'm told

Had a letter from MB announcing that Medway Autos is no longer "authorised" etc, the other day. Referred my custom to Mercedes Kent & Vikings Canterbury. The latter I have used & I think will continue to do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom