Meet “Boris”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
DAB unavailable definitely a software update requirement, fixed my HK on the SL R231 which was doing the same.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ace [emoji106]
A little surprised that the software version wasn’t checked on a pre-sale MB inspection. I’d have thought they’d plug a diagnostic tool in just in case?
Maybe (like me lol) they assumed it was all good given the history and mileage.
Hey ho, nothing that can’t be sorted out without too much hassle. Hopefully :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a beautiful car. I love the color and interior. If you ever decide to sell it.. give me a shout (wishful thinking)

Ace [emoji106]
A little surprised that the software version wasn’t checked on a pre-sale MB inspection. I’d have thought they’d plug a diagnostic tool in just in case?
Maybe (like me lol) they assumed it was all good given the history and mileage.
Hey ho, nothing that can’t be sorted out without too much hassle. Hopefully :)

Took 1 year of ownership before mine came to light.

Took 1 year of ownership before mine came to light.

I had this issue intermittently in my 507. A simple software update from Brooklands has resolved it.

Finally found a stonking car last week thanks to randomly reading the 507 register thread on here. Bagged it immediately.
1 owner, cavanite blue, PPP with everything I could want. Best of all, FMBDH and a ludicrously low mileage of around 2900 in 6 years.
To say I’m chuffed would be an understatement.
Sorry for the rubbish photos :)
0c24c9ba91feb9c0d6839a1d72022b4c.jpg
fdb55e4c8d0cb2c9962431f37e038cbe.jpg
424fe3e0a8b5ff3bf9f65990b5d00cec.jpg
949fafc0939845b403c9b37ec0b12f5c.jpg
7ecb0e50050d192adc2d6564be6691d0.jpg

Superb find and testament to the desirability of the w204 c63 having such strong residuals for low mile high spec examples.

Superb find and testament to the desirability of the w204 c63 having such strong residuals for low mile high spec examples.

I think that is pretty much across the board when it comes to AMG examples. Given a C63 can be bought for circa £15k upwards, it will always be a challenge finding one which meets the criteria of the enthusiast/discerning buyer who is prepared to pay for such examples. A lot of high end performance cars (not just MB) exchange hands within a short space of time, once the buyer has scratched the itch/realises the running costs, etc or has abused/neglected it, making the excellent examples (1 owner, FMBSH, desirable spec, etc) hard to come by, so demand (and rightly so) a stronger residual value. :)

Found he rattle.
The Mercedes Me adaptor (i believe that’s what it is) is plugged in the OBD port and it’s the cover swinging around.
Bit of foam will sort that out u less anyone has a cleverer and neater idea to offer?

Thanks everyone.
It’s goes like stink and the soundtrack is flipping amazing.
Have noticed a slight dash rattle from somewhere which might take some tracking down and the DAB radio is periodically showing “device unavailable” so will get that looked at (didn’t do that when I first looked at it but seems a common issue sorted by a software update??). If not, CommandOnline are 5 minutes down the road [emoji106][emoji106]
Have enjoyed the first “big trip” out to Surbiton today and sitting in the pub now itching to drive home

Lovely colour!!

I have had the same issues with DAB and my car is currently with Merc getting a software update amongst other warranty issues.

Will let you know if it sorts it!

Lovely colour!!

I have had the same issues with DAB and my car is currently with Merc getting a software update amongst other warranty issues.

Will let you know if it sorts it!

Ace...I’d definitely be interested in an update of your update :) [emoji106][emoji106]

Nice, very nice. Funnily enough my dab doesn't work on mine

Seems to be pretty common.
What’s your Bluetooth in car phone signal like out if interest?
Mine isn’t brilliant, might just be O2 being a bit rubbish but I detect a fair few more dropouts in the Mercedes than the Cupra during the same journey

Seems to be pretty common.
What’s your Bluetooth in car phone signal like out if interest?
Mine isn’t brilliant, might just be O2 being a bit rubbish but I detect a fair few more dropouts in the Mercedes than the Cupra during the same journey

Bluetooth is fine mate no problems at all

Probably my phone then lol.
Will try a different one to check.
Thanks though

Just the software update sorted it then?
I’ve just spoken to Mercedes and the chap said he thinks mine could be done over the Mercedes Me adaptor...when it’s actually working. There’s an issue with Mercedes in Germany which is messing with their website. Probably Brexit related lol.
Anyone know if this is correct? (Not the Brexit part obv)

Finally found a stonking car last week thanks to randomly reading the 507 register thread on here. Bagged it immediately.
1 owner, cavanite blue, PPP with everything I could want. Best of all, FMBDH and a ludicrously low mileage of around 2900 in 6 years.
To say I’m chuffed would be an understatement.
Sorry for the rubbish photos :)
0c24c9ba91feb9c0d6839a1d72022b4c.jpg
fdb55e4c8d0cb2c9962431f37e038cbe.jpg
424fe3e0a8b5ff3bf9f65990b5d00cec.jpg
949fafc0939845b403c9b37ec0b12f5c.jpg
7ecb0e50050d192adc2d6564be6691d0.jpg

Beautiful colour combo.

I've got black interior so boring.

Found he rattle.
The Mercedes Me adaptor (i believe that’s what it is) is plugged in the OBD port and it’s the cover swinging around.
Bit of foam will sort that out u less anyone has a cleverer and neater idea to offer?

When I got my Me Adaptor it has a small Velcro sticker with it. You stuck one part to the flap and one part to the adaptor and the Velcro kept the two together, and rattle free. If you need to remove the adaptor (which you will if you change phones) you just unstick the Velcro and pull it out.

Nice car by the way. For what it's worth I have that colour interior in my non AMG W204 and specifically looked for it because I can't stand black. At no point has anybody ever called me an old man. I'd have preferred it with something darker than the aluminium trim, but you can't have everything.

C350-5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom