Meet “Boris”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don’t think my rattle is that now, appears to be from somewhere in the dash so it might take a fair bit of tracking down.
Also seem to have picked up a slight “clonk” from rear end.
Noticed it a couple of times straightening up after a fast-ish left hander. Coming up the slip road off M4 onto A404 today for example.
Mrs noticed it too.
Despite it being very low mileage it’s still 6 years old so guess there might be the odd bush that’s not quite as it should be. Perhaps it’s an exhaust mounting, hmmm. Up on a ramp for a looksee it suspect.
Bejeeez this is a brutal car. So rapid for a big beast . And the noise is awesome.
Loving it so much. My only real criticism would be the gearbox, it’s not the fastest in the world. Being used to a DSG it’s a definite come down from that however, that’s not what this car is about I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confused...LSD or No LSD?
Am looking for the #471 so I guess not.

2013 MERCEDES-BENZ C 63 AMG (204.077)
General Data
FIN
Model WDD2040772A873486
C 63 AMG
156985 60 083781
722930 04 880016
0 2 537 81304
Engine
Transmission
Order Number
Order Location GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
Interior
Paint 1
Release Date
Delivery Date LEATHER - BLACK/ANTHRACITE (221A)
CAVANSITE BLUE METALLIC FINISH (890U)
2013-04-18
2013-04-18
Code Description
07A
1U2
205B YOM 12/2
OIL OFFSET AMOUNT +700 ML OIL
SNOW GRID
OWNERS MANUAL AND SERVICE RECORD - ENGLISH
213 SPEED-SENSITIVE POWER STEERING/VARIO STEERING
220A
221A REAR-VIEW CAMERA
LEATHER
LEATHER - BLACK/ANTHRACITE
230 PARKING GUIDANCE
240 LED DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS
241 ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE LEFT DRIVER SEAT W MEMORY
249 INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR MIRROR,AUTOMATICALLY DIMMING
255B MB MOBILO WITH DSB AND GGD
265 LINES-NO.PLATE DISCONTINUED
275 MEMORY PACKAGE (DRIVER SEAT, STRG. COL., MIRROR)
283B AIRBAGLABLE - ENGLISH
287 THROUGH-LOADING FEATURE
294 KNEE AIRBAG
299 PRESAFE
305B
335B HEAD UNIT LANGUAGE - BRITISH ENGLISH
INSTRUMENT CLUSTER/HU LANGUAGE - ENGLISH
345 RAIN SENSOR
347 EMERGENCY CALL SYSTEM ECALL EUROPE
414 ELECTRIC TILT/SLIDE SUNROOF IN GLASS VERSION
427 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 7-SPEED
440 TEMPOMAT (CRUISE CONTROL)
461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
477 TIRE PRESSURE LOSS WARNER
500 ELECTRIC FOLDING OUTSIDE MIRROR
502 3 YEARS OF MAP UPDATES FREE OF CHARGE
512 COMAND APS WITH DVD CHANGER
513 TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION
518 UNIVERSAL COMMUNICATIONS INTERFACE (UCI)
537 DIGITAL RADIO STANDARD DAB (DIGI. AUDIO BROADC.)
WDD2040772A873486 www.LastVIN.com 2
VIN Decoder for Mercedes-Benz
Code Description
537L
551 GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
BASIC ANTITHEFT ALARM SYSTEM (ATA)
580 AIR CONDITIONER
584 ELECTRIC WINDOW REGULATOR
5XXL EUROPE
600 HEADLAMPS - CLEANING EQUIPMENT
608 AUTOMATIC HIGH BEAM SWITCH (IHC)
621 HEADLAMP WITH ILS, LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
666 PRODUCT PROT.F.TRANSPORT VEH. W/O TIE-DOWN HOOKS
690 EMERGENCY SPARE TIRE (MINI SPARE)
739 TRIM PIECES - ALUMINUM
772 AMG STYLING PACKAGE-FRONT SPOILER, SIDE SKIRT
776 WHEEL ARCH ENLARGEMENT
788 19" AMG MULTI-SPOKE WHEELS W/ MIXED TIRES
803 YOM 12/1
810 PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM
817 SIREN BRACKET FOR INCREASED THEFT PROTECTION
873 SEAT HEATER FOR LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT SEATS
882 SENSOR SYSTEM AND ANTITHEFT ALARM SYSTEM
885 HIGHTEN THEFT PROTECTION
890U
89V CAVANSITE BLUE METALLIC FINISH
SPEED- + LOADINDEX ZR19 XL+ZR19 XL
909 ALTERNATOR MANAGEMENT
916 FUEL TANK WITH LARGE VOLUME - VOLUME 1
923 OUTPUT INCREASE OF ENGINES
928 EXHAUST GAS CLEANING WITH EURO 5 TECHNOLOGY
954 EQUIPMENT PACKAGE FOR AVANTGARDE VEHICLES
966 COC PAPER EURO 5 TECH. W/O REGIST. CERT. PART 2
99N
A50 IDENTIFICATION LABEL UNDER WINDSHIELD
STEUERCODE WERK SINDELFINGEN/GRAZ
ENGINE BRACKET VARIANT
A88 VS-I VALVE BODY ASSEMBLY WITH VGS 3
A89 REDUCED-FRICTION
B12
D5B
D5H
F204 WHEEL REPLACEMENT TOOL
No code designation available
No code designation available
MODEL SERIES 204
FW LIMOUSINE
G930 TRANSMISSION CODE VERSION 30
GV AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION REINFORCED
HA REAR AXLE
K11 ADAPTIVE STOP LIGHT FLASHING
K14 CONTROL CODE FOR SERVICE INTERVAL 20000 KM
M156 V8 GASOLINE ENGINE M156 - AMG
M63
N4A
P30 6.3 LITER DISPLACEMENT
STEUERCODE W50 FUER PPS-INT. VERWENDUNG
AMG PERFORMANCE PACKAGE

P47 PARKING PACKAGE HIGH
P49 MIRRORS PACKAGE

WDD2040772A873486 www.LastVIN.com 3
VIN Decoder for Mercedes-Benz
Code Description
P54 THEFT PROTECTION PACKAGE
P64 FRONT MEMORY PACKAGE
R RIGHT-HAND STEERING
R01 SUMMER TIRES
U01 REAR BELT STATUS INDICATION
U18 AUTOMATIC CHILD SEAT RECOGNITATION (AKSE)
U26 FLOOR MATS - AMG
U47 SPOILER LIP
U70 BRAKE CALIPERS PAINTED RED
U72 DVD PLAYER WITH REGIONAL CODE 2, EUROPE, JAPAN
VL FRONT AXLE HALF, LEFT
VR FRONT AXLE HALF, RIGHT
X00 LEATHER, DESIGNO, UNI-COLOR
X27 LEATHER DESIGNO PORCELAIN SINGLE-COLOR
Y90 DESIGNO BLACK FABRIC ROOF INTER. TRIM/WINDOW FRAME

Cheers :)
I’ll be forever grateful but my wallet won’t be..incoming quaife lsd I think lol.
Boris is magnificent thanks. Getting on just fine although he’s a bit of a handful in this wet weather hence my tyre post and this last one about the LSD.
I need to give him a good clean as well.
Few minor things to look into...the dash rattle and DAB thing but apart from that it’s all brilliant. He even smelled brand new and hadn’t been wet until I took it out for a test drive.
The power and noise really does make you chuckle like a schoolboy [emoji23][emoji23]
Will see if commandonline can sort me out apple car play as well, might as well go the whole hog eh?

Wavetrac/Quaife/don’t bother as you’re a pussy driver anyway??

I opted for Wavetrac after having a Quaife in my Z4 Coupe. The Wavetrac is everything the Quaife is and more, both literally and figuratively. I can feel it locking up sooner, dealing with crests in the road much better where one wheel goes light, it just feels even more connected to your right foot. There's little price difference as the Wavetrac is in the region of £1,600 fitted. Regal Autosport in Southampton are the UK distributors and are the best place to get it fitted.

This was me, dubious side stripes from the previous owner have since been removed...
You are being redirected...

Thanks Steve
I really can’t find many negatives about either diffs in fairness apart from
“The quaife will wear after a period of time, it may go a bit slack” (disputed by them)
“The wavetrac is American and therefore a cheap crap copy and will likely blow up” lol

Both makes seem to have a good and loyal following both on message boards and motorsport.

The wavetrac has gone up a bit in price, been quoted about £150 more than quaife.
What’s rather amusing is both companies are rather “aggressive” about the other.
The wavetrac edges it in terms of the carbon anti wear plates and the wheel lifting/still driving thing however, I’m never going to track my car so will probably never reach the point where that will be necessary.
The quaife edges it on price and the fact that Birds are only 45 minutes from me rather than an hour and a half.
Ie. A tank of fuel and a couple of extra hours away from the office (self employed, time is money)
I’ll keep researching over the weekend.

Ignore the noise and the modest extra one off cost. I've had both and you do notice the Wavetrac 'working' more of the time even at normal road speeds, like turning out of T-junctions. That said, Quaife is still very good.

Boris had his first clean today. Remarkably free of swirl marks so the previous owner did a grand job of keeping him clean.
Mind you, it had never been in the rain until I went to test drive it.
Snow foam, iron-x, Sonax BSD to finish.
Zaino CS on the wheels and Polished Bliss tyre dressing.
I didn’t do a 100% job as I ran out of time but it came up well..
82a94cad6f9e929ca8364250252eb7c3.jpg
4b493701d022f35a499eb51b9a975732.jpg
07ec911693d517606bf3a569cc8c85d7.jpg

Oh yea, took the plunge on some new rubber as the existing tyres were the originals and a bit pants (Conti 3).
Now wearing MP4S’s.
[emoji106]

Had the dreaded device error on the dab sorted today.
FOC from dealer as should have been sorted before delivery.
45 minutes and I was on my way and all is well [emoji106]

Well, after a few months with Boris I’m not convinced we are gelling.
He’s a fantastic beast but I’ve been evaluating my driving style, common routes, speeds etc and am coming to the conclusion he might not be the right fit for me. In fact, I’d say he’s wasted on me if I’m honest. I rarely (if ever) get the chance to unleash his inner beast and to cap it all, Mrs BCC doesn’t like the seats ffs.
Could be tempted to re-home him for the right money :(
Would the better weather change my mind? Maybe, but I’m not sure the love is there which makes me feel a little bit gutted.

Well, after a few months with Boris I’m not convinced we are gelling.
He’s a fantastic beast but I’ve been evaluating my driving style, common routes, speeds etc and am coming to the conclusion he might not be the right fit for me. In fact, I’d say he’s wasted on me if I’m honest. I rarely (if ever) get the chance to unleash his inner beast and to cap it all, Mrs BCC doesn’t like the seats ffs.
Could be tempted to re-home him for the right money :(
Would the better weather change my mind? Maybe, but I’m not sure the love is there which makes me feel a little bit gutted.

such ashame, was kind of liking this thread the other day. What’s making you sell? Running costs?
How much are you hoping to achieve for Boris? Sorry can’t send Pm

Nah, it’s not the running costs, I was well prepared for those and I don’t do a lot of miles. My commute is 16 miles a day, probably 3 days a week and weekends we generally use the Ateca if the sprog is with us. I seem to be stuck in traffic more than ever since Christmas and it’s just a waste. The more I drive it, the more it’s cheesing me off doing 10mph. I might as well cycle. It’s too powerful for my needs.
I know that sounds a bit daft but hey ho. I’ve only had it in sports plus mode once as the weather has just been to wet to give it any real beans. Only ever put V plus in as well.
I’d be looking to recoup as close to what I paid for it, comes with 2 years Merc warranty, every service etc and it’s as it was when I picked it up, ie, still smells like like brand new, 5k Miles only. I’ve put a new set of MP4s on, I’m second owner. £30k. Expensive possibly but
I honestly believe this is probably one of the best, if not THE best in the country, original in very way, PPP, spec as in the posts above. No LSD. I looked at loads and nothing else came close.
If I can’t get a sniff at asking price then I’ll probably hold onto it for a while longer and pop in on the trader in the spring.
It makes you grin like a Cheshire Cat when you put your foot down, the noise is incredible but it’s far too infrequent for me to feel the love I thought I’d feel.
Hope that makes sense?
I wanted one for 6 years, now I’ve got one I don’t want one, whoops.
The Mrs is going to kill me “verbally” I know it, I’ve already had a few evils and just waiting for the “told you so” to start next :(

Dont worry , you are probably going through the 'I dont need the car' phase. From a personal experience and given my c63s hit the 20k mile mark at the start of January and desperately needing a service, oil change etc , I too have been driving it at all except once until I went to drop it in for its service today and that one drive convinced me I would be making a big mistake if I sold it ... absence makes the tyres burn faster...

I too felt that the poor car is being wasted on my daily commutes and somewhat pointless. in the end I think getting an old cheap daily I could abuse made me appreciate the c class a lot more. I still think it is pointless having the car but when I find those rare moments to make the most of having it, it all comes together.

I recommend you take Boris away for a road trip to south Wales for a few days before deciding... heck, I'll even join you with my pointless c class:D

Lol if I could have the luxury of a few days away now I think I’d have to hide myself away on the banks of the lake

I don’t seem to be “enjoying” driving anywhere in any car. It’s a chore and the roads are full of potholes and plonkers :)
You could put me in nice comfy S Class and I don’t think I’d be happy.
Maybe I need a holiday, it’s been a difficult year :)

I don’t seem to be “enjoying” driving anywhere in any car. It’s a chore and the roads are full of potholes and plonkers :)

“The more I drive it, the more it’s cheesing me off doing 10mph. I might as well cycle. It’s too powerful for my needs.”

Try leaving the car at home and cycle to work, get up early on Sunday and take the car out on some decent roads and I think you might enjoy it more. I do twice as many miles on a bike as I do in the car :)

C60-C8-B2-A-BA7-B-4-A84-B96-F-2-CDE9666-B4-F0.jpg

PS I sold my first one , bought something “sensible” and hated it :wallbash:

Bingo !!
Have a break mate, recharge the batteries and life will be so much better. I've been going through a continuous mid life crisis since I became a dad 3 years ago . It is possibly just an adjustment period we all need to get through. Boris will help if you let it...

Lol guys...I’ll have a chat with Mrs BCC and see if she fancies a few days away.
When I said I might as well cycle, that was metaphorical as there’s no way I’m risking death on a pushbike round here plus the thought of arriving at the office drenched in sweat and stinking for day doesn’t fill me with any excitement either lolol
I’m gonna give a Boris another wax tomorrow or at the weekend, get him all shiny again then some love might reappear [emoji23]

Lol guys...I’ll have a chat with Mrs BCC and see if she fancies a few days away.
When I said I might as well cycle, that was metaphorical as there’s no way I’m risking death on a pushbike round here plus the thought of arriving at the office drenched in sweat and stinking for day doesn’t fill me with any excitement either lolol
I’m gonna give a Boris another wax tomorrow or at the weekend, get him all shiny again then some love might reappear [emoji23]

Do not sell Boris.

I had a PPP saloon with 18k options and 15k miles and I still regret selling the car. At the time I had a few cars. I had to buy a 507 over the regret.

Your car was the deal of 2019 and the best part of the 507 thread for last year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom