Meet “Boris”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the 157 sounds great even with the stock pipes....I would never get away with the sound of your 157 where I live!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You won't beat the sound the 156 makes 😆💥🙉

You won't beat the sound the 156 makes 😆💥🙉
Seen that a few times before, love it!

I don't *think* that is a stock exhaust though, but could never quite confirm what mods had been done to that car.

Seen that a few times before, love it!

I don't *think* that is a stock exhaust though, but could never quite confirm what mods had been done to that car.

Do any AMG have stock exhausts 😆

This particular vehicle has either uprated headers with resonator delete or muffler delete. What ever it has it sounds tremendous. The 156 is one of the best sounding V8 still to this day if not the best in my opinion.

When i was looking for 1 before I bought the ppp car i viewed 1 with the IPE exhaust and headers (quite a famous 1 in London on you tube) sounded epic but the rest of the car let it down

I think i know that famous car, it was wrapped in light blue colour and then rewrapped a few years later to army camouflage colours. Seen at Knightsbridge with the Piccadilly Boy Racers.

I think this is the one, the ear drums with blow 😃

Thats the 1 it was black when i viewed it and yes it was loud in the flesh i think a young guy bought it who had a wrapping company but not sure 🙂

I've just checked the VRM, it's now moved onto a new vehicle, Porsche Taycan. I only remember seeing it in blue wrap which was at a distance from an office building, it was too loud. 🫨

Screenshot_20231230_232039_Samsung Internet.jpg

Can't move for the things around here!...Taycans that is.....

There's 2 up here 1 has 9k miles and been broke for months its full of water from somewhere but haven't found where plus i think he's pig sick of it the other 1 wishes he'd bought a 911

Attachments

• IMG-20231230-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20231230-WA0000.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 6
Chris Harris looks soo much younger in this video, we've all aged since 2008 - the year in which the C63 was launched. Just goes to show how time flysby and we still look back at the past and celebrate good old times. Most houses now have these unsightly looking electric charging points and our streets are now beginning to be filled with onstreet parking charge points too. This wasn't the case back in 2008 😳

Old is gold, enjoy them while we can 🙂

The 156 is one of the best sounding V8 still to this day if not the best in my opinion.
You've never heard a SBC or SBF with open exhaust then? Shame I never kept any of the sound recordings I did of mine...... 😇

The 156 is a great sounding modern engine.....but for a REAL V8 sound you cant beat old school.....the Dodge/Plymouth 426 Hemi being the very pinnacle of V8 sound.
Crank up the sound and get your ears around this....!

The 156 is a great sounding modern engine.....but for a REAL V8 sound you cant beat old school.....the Dodge/Plymouth 426 Hemi being the very pinnacle of V8 sound.
Crank up the sound and get your ears around this....!

I had a Modern Mopar, it was a push rod engine. No variable valve timing. Had it for a long time, this was during the time when Mercedes group was formerly Diamler Chrysler - merged to rescue Chrysler from certain bankruptcy. The merge was a bad move for MB but a good one for the Chrysler. They had since been brought out by FIAT, FCA Stellantis, and they did well with their Hellcat Dodge range, still using a lot of Mercedes parts to this day. Here's an old photo, it made it to a lot of American car shows. Its basically a rebodied Dodge Magnum, it has front suspension from S class and the rear pull from an E class Merc. Gearbox was a 5 speed NAG1 (722.6) transmission, same tyranny found in the E55 w211. In fact this transmission is the only part that belonged to Chrysler and used in Chrysler, Mercedes and certain Porsche models. The nag1 is very capable of handling up to 1000bhp, very strong and a robust gearbox 🙂

20221008_175106.jpgf7c33e3b79194751a18d173c28cc9b6d.jpg

You've never heard a SBC or SBF with open exhaust then? Shame I never kept any of the sound recordings I did of mine...... 😇

I'm sure you could upload a video of the exhaust note you mention, it would have to be something insane to sound better than that 156 engined safety car 😁💥

This is my old cobra, it's the sales video done just after I'd sold it......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom