Meet “Boris”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know I'm clutching at straws but has the Mrs had a good play with the lumbar support settings ? Clutching at more straws here but Is it worth you getting into the passenger seat and having a play with the settings to see if you can set the seat to do the least amount of hugging .
I would recommend getting an old banger which you'd pay minimum cash for with cheap insurance to drive around as your daily before you sell Boris. :cool:

The thought of driving an old banger daily is definitely encouraging me to keep hold of Boris.
We’ve played around with the seats and she can live with it for the very few times she travels in it so that is only a very minor issue.

Please can we have no rain for a week and some dry roads, one day would be nice!!!!
Half term next week so 3/4 of the traffic will disappear so that might improve things :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had mine out today, got finished early. They are made to be driven these high performance cars. Had it around the lanes and the roads were really quite had a nice slow blast :D.

Great feeling when you catch a shift bang on. And that exhaust note :D:D:thumb:

Went to work
Drive home
Took little lad to the quacks (tonsillitis)
Came home
Maxed out at 50mpg on the A331 lol

Popped into “clean and shiny” (Aldershot) and grabbed a few bits including some new wheel brushes, interior brushes, invisible glass (cleaner), some “done and dusted” Si QD and a small pot of AngleWax vanilla snow to try on Mrs BCC’s Ateca. The Sonax BSD hasn’t lasted that well on her car.

A bit of therapeutic waxing is always good :)

Made a rather large size hole in the pocket but can thoroughly recommend C&S, they’re a good bunch and have a very well stocked shop that’s open to the public. I could spend a fortune in there lol

Had a delivery of a new microfibres from Parogon microfibres today as well, good quality and cheap as chips.

d4898b55b68c411fffa45e4586854c9b.jpg
5a22ea8a281b3430c7838e2f0edfba69.jpg
10d89502fa3eedeca93a5b9d84cd7137.jpg
47dce5d64f2d91f2567d892c6d2d791b.jpg

Given Boris a spruce up, finished with Dodo Juice Purple Haze wax.
I know...didn’t polish the exhaust tips, ran out of time :)
Had to get something on him quick last night so have him a once over with Done and Dusted, good stuff that is, dead easy to use and a nice glossy finish. In all honesty, it probably didn’t need the wax but one of the kids got it for me as a Christmas present and I feel obligated to use it, plus, I quite enjoy the whole waxing process, it’s rather satisfying. DDJ is so simple to use anyway it’s not really a chore.
I know the D&D should have really gone over the wax but weather was against me yesterday.
Wheels sealed with Zaino Z-CS, tyres Z-16.
Needs another few hours to do properly but that’ll do for now. I’d like the time to get the wheels off and give them a good scrub and pop some protection on them. Job for the spring I think.

Popped into “clean and shiny” (Aldershot) and grabbed a few bits...

oh no this will be the ruin of me, I didn’t know they were there!

Lol go and have a chat/look, but leave your wallet at home, it’s a dangerous place [emoji106]
They’re a nice bunch, always got time for a chat. I pester them to know what they’re up to when they’ve got a car on the ramp.
I believe they’re a forum sponsor on DW as well so if you’re a member there it might be worth mentioning in case there’s any discounts available.

I can highly recommend them.

Lol go and have a chat/look, but leave your wallet at home, it’s a dangerous place [emoji106]
They’re a nice bunch, always got time for a chat. I pester them to know what they’re up to when they’ve got a car on the ramp.
I believe they’re a forum sponsor on DW as well so if you’re a member there it might be worth mentioning in case there’s any discounts available.

I can highly recommend them.

Yes I’m on DW. Hmm might go and have a look this weekend. I need more wheel brushes, and I’m sure there are other things I don’t know that I need yet! Off topic but for leather care I heartily recommend Colourlock in Feltham. I popped in and they colour matched some dye treatment while I waited and their products work perfectly. At some point I’ll go back with the Alfa.

Boris is regretfully officially up for sale.
Poxy coronavirus has meant I’ve closed my office and now permanently working from home so he’s not being driven. A cheap van looks the likely replacement.
i have done a massive 3500 miles in 9 months so we’re creeping up to a huge 6500 miles lol
Pm me if you’re interested.

There’s an argument for that but I’ve still got to pay for it while it’s sitting there unused, plus tax and insurance. Its also a good time to sell as they’re are fetching strong money at the moment for some odd reason

There’s an argument for that but I’ve still got to pay for it while it’s sitting there unused, plus tax and insurance. Its also a good time to sell as they’re are fetching strong money at the moment for some odd reason
Hi, You do what best suits your needs. But just saying I’ve got a laid up insurance policy with agreed 40k value for my c63 as just sitting in the garage till next Mercedes service and only costs £250 a year.

With that mileage and spec that's definitely a keeper of you don't need access to the cash. It's a one off on the market right now with that mileage but maybe not yet old enough to be picked up as a future classic. In 10 years time it will either be completely illegal or much sought after! Bit of a gamble but covid won't last forever and you won't find another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom