Meet & Drive - Sat 29th Sept?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rashman

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK
Hey guys,

Weather is starting to turn cold, wet and generally crap, so I am looking to take advantage of any nice days that we have.

I was chatting to Henry (Benjy) the other day and we said it would be nice to perhaps meet up and go for a drive somewhere and maybe stop off somewhere for some lunch.

I've enjoyed many meets with you guys but we have never got together and enjoyed a convoy-drive before.

This saturday is looking like it might well be dry and sunny. This may well change but early forecasts are suggesting it may be a nice day.
So I was wondering if any of you might be interested in a meet & drive.

I was thinking we could perhaps meet somewhere in Kent, somewhere nearby, so we can all meet before enjoying a drive together.

If alot of you are busy this saturday, we can always plan this for another week.. I'm just sowing the seed at the moment to see how you feel.

I was originally thinking we could meet up and then head to Brooklands maybe.. but then I thought motorway cruising wouldn't really be that exciting.

Then I thought maybe we could meet somewhere like Clackett lane services and then head south and find a country pub or something to have some food.

So I'll let you guys have a little think about it. Nothing is set in stone so if any of you have any suggestions, feel free.

The weather is a big factor to me, so if it ends up being a miserable day, I will probably bail out.

But for now, I just wanted to see if any of you would be up for this.

:thumb:

Can do this Sunday 30th, but not Saturday?

Weather forecast for Sunday (taken on Tuesday 25th) is sunny with occasional cloud, and a high of 16 C.

Cheers :)

Can do this Sunday 30th, but not Saturday?

Weather forecast for Sunday (taken on Tuesday 25th) is sunny with occasional cloud, and a high of 16 C.

Cheers :)

Hi mate,

I don't mind what day really (sat or sun) - all I need is a dry day! lol

We'll see how much interest this suggestion of a Meet & Drive gets and go from there.

Rashman, hi mate, have your txt.
In principle I am up for this, but I work a load of weekends just recently, so its awkward, but if it was on I would try to come down. My first take on it all, is firstly, I am really up for eating out and a beer and a bit of banter with you guys, don't see so many of you now, but parking mate, how is a fleet of us going to park up without at least a few of us having a heart attack, due to locals bringing out aunt Mabel for lunch and slinging their doors open, bagsy Benjys and Rashes cars get bashed first, LOL, I know very very selfish!, but as said up for this if it gets off the ground, and my work does not intrude, txt me if you get a good date and venue Rash, will try to come along.

I may be able to make it, will know a little closer to the end of the week.

Don't forget your CB radio's and Yorkie bars.

The best way to do this is to have a destination in mind, then pick any start point and a meandering course that allows some slow driving through towns, fast driving on A roads and pace setting driving on B roads.

Sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:
I'm up for either the Saturday or Sunday Rash as discussed mate... and Ricky, would be great to catch up with you bud.

Come on Si what you upto, Mika?????......what about you Kamal????....

would be great to cath up with you all.

Hi Benjy
next few weekends im a bit busy
but i will keep an eye on the thread and come along if i can
cheers

I'm up for either the Saturday or Sunday Rash as discussed mate... and Ricky, would be great to catch up with you bud.

Come on Si what you upto, Mika?????......what about you Kamal????....

would be great to cath up with you all.

Hi H. been age's mate, met up with your mate Adam and his RS6 at Vmax, his car was really quick.
Be good to see you again, if this meet up gets together, I will try to sneak out of work, await the call, and see how I'm fixed, and how the weather goes.

If you meet at Clackets, that is fairly near to me, so may be able to make the Sunday. Keep me in the loop Rash, but like you I don't come out to play in the wet.

ricky s said:
but parking mate, how is a fleet of us going to park up without at least a few of us having a heart attack, due to locals bringing out aunt Mabel for lunch and slinging their doors open, bagsy Benjys and Rashes cars get bashed first

No problem, I can stick some traffic cones in the back of mine and we can block our cars off to avoid any wayward doors.

Hi Rashman
thanks for text
just a suggestion why dont you propose a meeting point and route so people can plan their possible attendance then nearer the time confirm timing relative to current weather conditions ....or come in the Alfa !:rolleyes:

No problem, I can stick some traffic cones in the back of mine and we can block our cars off to avoid any wayward doors.

Hi Sav from your recent activities i guess if you get bored you could arrange the cones to make a drag strip /runway :D

Hey guys!

Thanks for all your replies and interest in this Meet & Drive proposal :thumb:

I will reply properly later on - bit of a hectic day today :(

Meeting at Clackett Lane services is looking likely as it has V-Power for our beasts and good parking for the purpose of meeting up. Then I was thinking we could head south from there.

What I will do tonight, is use google earth to find a decent location (I should be able to find somewhere away from built up areas).

Then I can use google earth to scout for possible venues. The google street map thingy will also enable me to view venues from street level, so I can then determine whether I like the look of the place and assess their parking facilities.

I will get on the case when I get in tonight.

In the meantime, if anyone knows of a place around Crowborough, Uckfield, Lewes, Horsham.. that sort of direction, then feel free to let us know.

Likewise, if any of you attendees have any suggestions in regards to the direction of travel, please speak up.

If going to Lewes or Horsham, you might as well do a proper slow cruise through Brighton then motor over to the Black Rabbit at Arundel.

Last edited:
Rashman, Benjy,

Great idea and I would for sure join, but not this weekend. Appreciate the sms to bring this to my attention. If postponed then I will prioritise any new date in the diary.

Thanks,
Kamal

SHMBO has just reminded me that Sunday is our wedding anniversary. OOPS!!!

Sorry Rash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom