Meet in the East Midlands/West Anglia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigyin1

Car
'96 W124 300D
I'm based in Daventry, close to the edges of 4 counties (northamptonshire/buckinghamshire/warwichshire/leicestershire) and as such not really in the middle of any area!

Anyone else based around here or close enough to be interested in a meeting every-so-often?

Didn't know there was anyone else from chaventry on this forum!
I'd be up for it.

Last edited:
Make a suggestion where and when and I will see

cjab98 said:
Didn't know there was anyone else from chaventry on this forum!

I'm definitely not from Cov. I just live here :(

cjab98 - i just live there, from Edinburgh...

ok so now it's just where/when.

Anyone have any preferences to venues/dates?

bigyin1 said:
i just live there

Careful, Bigyin, it's like Albert Square. Once you're in, you can't get out again. I worked there years ago, but I managed to escape the vortex.

Something to do with the circular valley Dav sits in, of which everyone seems so proud...

Careful, Bigyin, it's like Albert Square. Once you're in, you can't get out again. I worked there years ago, but I managed to escape the vortex.

Something to do with the circular valley Dav sits in, of which everyone seems so proud...

Ha, it is a nice enough small town to live in, very close to surrounding country parks and 1minute walk from a golf course so not that bad. ;) Folk are friendly and more than happy to help unlike other towns i've been in, sure there are some bad areas but on the whole happy with it.

How's about meeting here:

http://www.transport-museum.com/default.aspx

It's free, stuff to see, can go inside if cold/raining etc???

Parking can be a problem at the weekend...

ahh, perhaps not then, just looked and you have to park in a multi-story. i was hoping to persuade them that we could park just by the door in convoy ;)

Last edited:
No, there are two open air carparks nearby (100m and 400m or so), but both get busy at the weekends.

If its in coventry then no problem as im in Nuneaton!

OK, i'll try to find somewhere that we can park up, get a coffee and have a natter.

1st thought:

How's about here:

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

Anyone polish their cars???? I haven't contacted them yet but i'm sure we could get some freebies/advice and a discount off any purchases on the day? I'll pop in later as i'll be passing and have a look at size etc...

My other half is Manager at a local kiddies indoor play area so if anyone is coming "with kids" we could go there too so that gives them something to do.... before/after would be fine.

Perhaps next month we could meet near someone elses "area" and they could have a look at what's there??? Just a thought .....

Id be interested in the Meguirs location in Daventry

Dont forget the Gaydon GTG ( not all of you seem to be down for that) so could I suggest a meeting in the Daventry area asap. I can do anytime but Sunday lunchtime would be a good one for pub & outside to look at the cars:D
suggest 19th Oct ( no F1 that weekend)

Alternatively how about this

http://www.jdht.com/jdht_collection/collection.html

26th Oct

last sunday of the month

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom