Meet Silvia the s211 e55 7 seater

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thankyou Sir, I've never had a British bike so i had to scratch that itch, Picked it up for £1,950 which in the grand scheme of thing is not alot of money for a 955cc Sports bike, She's covered 29k well over 30 now as ive been putting the miles on it.

128hp and 190kg's ive had more power but finding it's plenty these days what with the roads as congested as they are. Its a Busy engine im used to Big V-twins tbh the last being a Suzuki TL1000r, i love v engines :)

It makes a lovely sound 7k onwards :rock:

Looks good, I often pop up to Suffolk and was actually in Harwich the other weekend, so I'll look out for you :thumb: Please take care when you are out on it

Gav I know some of us keep going on about it but it just looks sooooo much better on the original wheels :) :cool:

Pleased to hear you managed to keep it, my wife always says how much she liked the E55 wagons we had. One of the best all round cars I have had :thumb:

Gav I know some of us keep going on about it but it just looks sooooo much better on the original wheels :) :cool:

Pleased to hear you managed to keep it, my wife always says how much she liked the E55 wagons we had. One of the best all round cars I have had :thumb:
Sure its been mentioned, But only on here, They are awesome in the flesh, as many people have said, I'm simply not a fan of this Particular Oe wheel at all.

Apologies for anyone in east anglia today, my fault for the dam weather it always rains when my car is out and about lol

Well not really much to say other than She’s perfect, The front brakes supplied and fitted by Mb Waterhouse Chelmsford are spot on, the sunroof was fine as you would expect as it’s been ok for 16 yrs lol.

My wife told me to treat myself as we have a lot of stress going on which I wont go into, so I bought myself another motorbike! It’s not like it’s been 8 yrs since the hayabusa, lol and tbh I bought with my late father in mind.

View attachment 102747
View attachment 102748
I’ve had lots of issues with in true British bike style lol but I’ve had her all apart and rebuilt nearly there lol. Go’s well dad would have loved it.
View attachment 102749
Anyway Triumph Daytona 955i 2003.
I had a yellow one and absolutely loved it, had an exhaust system made with 3 pipes coming up under the seat ( similar to the Ducati’s ). Sold it and bought a busa. Love the car as well.

Thankyou Rpp999,

I had a 1999 Busa too ! The Triumph is now in fine fettle small issues but got there in the end.
3F6E1A59-D4FD-4D7F-AC43-0D7D4337EE65.jpeg
Just got back from Gosh in London today, Car return a 25mpg round trip inc London traffic which was light for a Saturday.

Last edited:
So the plot thickens, following on from my Blown fuse thread i removed the RHS fuel pumps and swirls pots to have alook but before I could do so I had to drain a Full tank!
without the use of a transfer pump I disconnected the filler neck where it meets the tank. There is a anti syphon flap which I prodded to enable fuel to come out into a catch can. I got half the tank out then jacked the car up on the OSR to get the remaining fuel to sit in the n/s section of the tank.
Took the fuel pump assembly out and noted a broken wire , now the connectors on the pumps were very tight so I may have trapped and pulled this wire apart anyway I made it good again and reassembled everything.

The car this time ran for 15mins on tickover whilst I watch the 30a fuse in the boot , The fuse was getting hot for some reason but then suddenly cooled off, All of a sudden it got hot and blew again causing the car to stop running.

Last edited:
Now I was going to use the later style pumps but they Do not interchange with the filter pick up in the n/s.
8097EC41-2BB0-480F-8FBC-8435A1FE5B56.jpeg
So I’m left with either fitting a new updated loom and filter aprox £5-600 or sourcing the new vdo pumps like the ones in the image, or another pair of walbros. Just a note the VDO's on the right are all molded into the swirl pots and cannot be removed separately the use a different return and feed system from the other side of the tank.

I’m still surprised that the pumps have gone bad in 7k miles so I also checked the harness to the unit itself and came across this. FB93446A-86B4-4E4F-8F84-61F0EA5FFB14.jpeg
I’m now thinking the pumps could be fine and the connector was arching out causing the fuse to blow, any thoughts ??
BTW these wire have got HOT in the past, Which is why i changed the lid of the module and pumps.

Have the Walbros also made this run hot? i dont know but replacing the plug running another new 30a fuse will test the theory before any further mass expense.

Either way i've found the connector i need to make this good again.

Last edited:
I take it you discovered that the 30A fuse was blown, didn't seen an update to this?

That connector does not loook good, I'd either replace it or add some heathshrink to the wires.
Cutting some heathshrink, adding, then doing same at 180 degrees will give you suitable insulation of the connections are still ok.

You could maybe add a meter into the circuit to measure the current being drawn on the pumps?

I take it you discovered that the 30A fuse was blown, didn't seen an update to this?

That connector does not loook good, I'd either replace it or add some heathshrink to the wires.
Cutting some heathshrink, adding, then doing same at 180 degrees will give you suitable insulation of the connections are still ok.

You could maybe add a meter into the circuit to measure the current being drawn on the pumps?
BDA7B926-9ABC-4A05-A4B2-93D89AF17CC0.jpeg
DFF6B694-5894-49B3-8D73-29F6A5A4CE7D.jpeg
Yep blown Pat , it went 2nd time round wen I was filming it , Yes bud replacing the connector with the one I linked above. 😀

Well Pat I purchased a new LK connector but they sent the wrong pins ffs, so because I wanted to prove a point I purchased a second had loom from a sprinter. It had the same connector to I joined this in after cutting the old connector out.
Result was the car started but popped the fuse very quickly.
I would say one of the pumps is faulty.
I’ve purchased 2 brand new walbros updated models and will be fitting them possibly next wkend.
Really need to get this car back in the garage as she’s been stranded outside for what seems weeks!

Well Pat I purchased a new LK connector but they sent the wrong pins ffs, so because I wanted to prove a point I purchased a second had loom from a sprinter. It had the same connector to I joined this in after cutting the old connector out.
Result was the car started but popped the fuse very quickly.
I would say one of the pumps is faulty.
I’ve purchased 2 brand new walbros updated models and will be fitting them possibly next wkend.
Really need to get this car back in the garage as she’s been stranded outside for what seems weeks!
Don't stress too much about that Gav. Mine was outside for over 6 years and didn't suffer for it.
Hope you are up and running soon:thumb:

I'd think the Wabros would be pretty goood quality so should do the job.

Strange though that the others have failed.

Good idea getting it away in the garage, weather getting worse by the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom