Meet the new MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would have happily been picked up in an SM - do they not know what they're missing??? :D

Obviously not, but they will once it happens, they will be the coolest kids in school...even more so when the work Maserati pops out...:D

Interestingly, there are more SM on UK roads now than 10 years ago.

Common..

even more so when the work Maserati pops out...:D

Interestingly, there are more SM on UK roads now than 10 years ago.

Common..

It's normally the Maserati pistons that pop out...

All 54 of them. It really is remarkably rare, in fact, I cannot actually remember the last time I saw one on the road.

I had a ride in a GS Pallas C-matic a few months ago.

That is the one only on the road in the UK...

Funnily enough, I saw one, sadly in dire condition outside a lock up garage in the town I live only a few weeks ago. A sad, light green beauty in a very sorry state. Hopefuly the owner is going to sort it out. Only thing I wasn't keen on, was the US style 4 headlamp front..

I had a ride in a GS Pallas C-matic a few months ago.

That is the one only on the road in the UK...
Many, many moons ago, my Dad had a DS21, complete with swivelling headlamps. Another very, very cool car!

The US front is very ugly, the DS is just exquisite.

My parents almost bought a GS Pallas but were put off by the complexity all those years ago and went German. Not one of the great Citroens, but there is a Xantia owned by a former Citroen mechanic opposite, N reg, and the bodywork is in perfect condition, not a hint of rust. If only you could say the same about the Mercs of the period.

Contrary to a lot of people, I actually liked the Xantia. To me it looked sharp and different, was spacious and comfortable and in the Active (?) version handled like no other car at the time!

In fact, I was a bit of Citroen fan for a while, having a raucous little semi rally car called a ZX 2.0 16V in brilliant red that drove like a dream!

Last edited:
Contrary to a lot of people, I actually liked the Xantia. To me it looked sharp and different, was spacious and comfortable and in the Active (?) version handled like no other car at the time!

The Xantia and XM take me back to my childhood :) Lovely cars.

Lovely car, but I have enough! One French car in the collection enough, keeping them on the road here is difficult as there isn't an infrastructure for rare cars like that.

lovely new 124 Charles. The multivalve estates are superb all round cars. I've just bought a 2nd one.

i was eyeing that white one up on Nicks website just the other week. Nice colour - i like the white with the slightly off-white body cladding.

My new one is a silver car. I actually pick it up this weekend :bannana:

My current green 124 will continue to be fed 100% Waste Veg oil as it has been for last 65,000 without too much hickup. The new one doesnt know what its in for ;)

They are fantastic cruising cars - and in my opinion not as slow as people go on about - they can be nice and fast if pushed and dont feel slow unless you are some sort of boy racer. I personally prefer to waft around in it.

A lovely motor, Charles! Well done.

You clearly have quite a capacious motor house.

How nice to see an advertisement for a car which invites people to enquire about a car's price, rather than inquire...

If I were you, I would be tempted to use RedC220's picture as your avatar picture. Or perhaps a picture of Ali G... :)

My parents almost bought a GS Pallas but were put off by the complexity all those years ago and went German.
Nothing wrong with going German back then, but my Father opted for GS after a number of British cars and virtually nothing went wrong on the three GS he had. Critics would say, "expensive to repair" to which he would reply "Not if it doesn't go wrong". Citroen hydraulics are generally very reliable.
Not one of the great Citroens, but there is a Xantia owned by a former Citroen mechanic opposite, N reg, and the bodywork is in perfect condition, not a hint of rust. If only you could say the same about the Mercs of the period.

I wish XM had the same rust resistance as Xantia, they just never rust no matter how much abuse you give them. XM are pretty good bodywise, but I'm currently breaking one due to the sills and rear underbody being rusty. It's a very neglected and used car though and will yield a load of good parts.. :)

Nice Car Mr Morgan.

When can we see it!!

lovely new 124 Charles. The multivalve estates are superb all round cars. I've just bought a 2nd one.

i was eyeing that white one up on Nicks website just the other week. Nice colour - i like the white with the slightly off-white body cladding.

My new one is a silver car. I actually pick it up this weekend :bannana:

My current green 124 will continue to be fed 100% Waste Veg oil as it has been for last 65,000 without too much hickup. The new one doesnt know what its in for ;)

They are fantastic cruising cars - and in my opinion not as slow as people go on about - they can be nice and fast if pushed and dont feel slow unless you are some sort of boy racer. I personally prefer to waft around in it.

I concur on everything above - great idea to have two, one can't have too many cars!

I need to understand the economics of running on waste fish and chip fat. Are the savings eaten up by having to stop at each chippie to satiate the hunger pangs from the smell, and does deep-fried Mars bar oil work?

Very nice new aquistion. Although I prefer the SM. Having just got rid of my last 24v XM I do feel that the is a place in my heart (and garage) for a DS or SM. I just need to make sure one fit in!

I need to understand the economics of running on waste fish and chip fat. Are the savings eaten up by having to stop at each chippie to satiate the hunger pangs from the smell, and does deep-fried Mars bar oil work?

its a lot of hassle and you smell of old veg oil :D

i collect from about 10 different takeaways and resteraunts.... there is only about 2 or 3 i would eat from!

Very nice new aquistion. Although I prefer the SM. Having just got rid of my last 24v XM I do feel that the is a place in my heart (and garage) for a DS or SM. I just need to make sure one fit in!

Sorry to go off topic but was that a series 1 V6-24 PRV or series 2 with the ES9?

The V6 Masser engine in Charles SM sounds just like a RPV...immense..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom