Meet the new MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have to say I am beginning to believe this is the seriously the best W124 I have driven. I was pretty rough yesterday after some bug, yet it delivered me to the NEC in a very civilised fashion, and the second half was quite rapid (there is always a happy speed in a W124 where everything feels right and this appeared to be not far short of a ton). There is virtually no wind-noise at that speed in this, and apart from a higher level of revs by virtue of no fifth gear, this is a thoroughly relaxed cruiser. About the only time you are aware it is a diesel is at idle - the rest of the time it drives as though there was a very relaxed V8 under the bonnet. Most impressive.

All in all, I managed 33mpg with a very heavy right foot. I am sure if I had cruise I would have been doing appreciably more, and this encompassed a lot of stop start driving.

Having been over the history file the last, and only, owner lavished money on this, and virtually everything useful has been replaced in the last two years.

The sun is out, so time for the car to have its first wash.

Read the article last night about it Charles,very clean can that is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom