• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Meet this weekend?

Wish I was a bit closer to attend these easily....I always seem to see these threads too late!

Anyway, I'll try and keep more of an eye out....be good to catch up with some of you, especially Rash and Benjy in his posh veedub ;)

Wish I was a bit closer to attend these easily....I always seem to see these threads too late!

Anyway, I'll try and keep more of an eye out....be good to catch up with some of you, especially Rash and Benjy in his posh veedub ;)

It's true, it's a shame you are so far away. :(
It'd be great it have you on our little drives and I know you'd enjoy it.
We would have quite an array of metal burbling around!

Have to say, personally speaking, it really did feel like we were all part of quite a special convoy rolling through some of the towns.
55's, 63, Black Series & R8.
Your SLS would have been a much welcome addition!
We turned quite a few heads, be it from the spectacle or the sheer racket we made! lol

:rock:

Thanks Rash for organising today!

What better way to spend the day than with some fellow petrol heads going for a drive and a cracking lunch to top it off!

Much has been said about the day already so I'll keep it brief!

Rash, thanks for your hospitality and organising the drive today, as always a pleasure to meet up and admire all the hard work that has gone into the car. The front splitter looks fantastic and finishes the car off nicely, looks like something that should have been added at the factory!

Henry, great to meet up with you after a long time! What a fantastic R8 you have and you've certainly not been idle, fantastic work done on the car and I absolutely love the exhaust! The sound is just phenomenal once the full battle mode has been activated :thumb:

Steve, good to see you and your friend too. Would have been great if you could have made it to lunch with us, but I'm sure we'll catch up next Saturday. Car is looking great as ever!

The_Don!! Glad to have met your lovely family. Although a bit reserved than normal on the drive, it was good fun! Hope your family don't think of us as some crazy petrolheads ;)
The BS sounds really really good!

We certainly turned some heads today on our little drive ;)

Finally got to use the paddles *properly* today; what fun!! Makes everthing a lot more enjoyable for sure, glad I kept the traction control on!

Finally got to use the paddles *properly* today; what fun!! Makes everthing a lot more enjoyable for sure, glad I kept the traction control on!

Good man!
Start using them more and more. In general driving too.
You'll get used to them quickly and it will become second nature.
You'll always know what gear you are in too as this will also become second nature.
The drive is so much more enjoyable, as well as bringing other benefits to driving the car.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed the day.

Look forward to seeing you soon.. Just don't show me any more scary pictures of the inside of the euro tunnel train! :crazy:

:D

Good man!
Start using them more and more. In general driving too.
You'll get used to them quickly and it will become second nature.
You'll always know what gear you are in too as this will also become second nature.
The drive is so much more enjoyable, as well as bringing other benefits to driving the car.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed the day.

Look forward to seeing you soon.. Just don't show me any more scary pictures of the inside of the euro tunnel train! :crazy:

:D

Yes indefinite plan to use the paddles more often, just a matter of getting used to them:thumb:

Weather permitting, will be seeing you bright and early on Saturday :D

At least now you know the score with Euro tunnel :devil:

Ha ha ha ha ha..... Posh Veedub, cheeky:p

Heyyyyyy how you doing my friend, really good to hear from you and even better hearing from Rash about your new toy. Great work Palmy, I have to say the SLS is one of my all time favourite AMGs and so glad you moved back from the dark side, as you rightly say I'm still there but loving the R8, was telling the boys I've had a few mods done now including a Stage II tune with Remap, K&Ns and a remote valved bespoke exhaust system made by Capristo. We did make some noise yesterday and had a great day, BUT was missing you mate and wished you lived a bit closer to as Rash says, it would be great to catch up and see you. We need to try and sort something out so we can all catch up and get those beasts out on the road for a proper drive, and maybe you'll be able to keep up with me now you have something that might be able to do the job ;)

Me, I've been so busy and did say to Rash that I have lost touch a little with the fellas, which I need to remedy and try to get out to more of these events, if one to see and hear some incredible machineray and also catch up with my AMG pals. It was good to see The Don and Donshl, their P&Js looked and sounded awesome yesterday, just need an SLS to add to that and keep in tune.

Stay in touch my friend and hopefully we'll see you soon.

All the best
Benjy:thumb:

Hi guy's is there a chance that a meating could be nearer to south Norfolk/Sufolk area as I would love to get together with other MB club members and other MB owners, it would take me at least 2hrs 45 mins to get to the m40. Great pics really jealous the venue looks great good landlords need are help to stay open these days, I look forward to seeing more meatings pics and hope to be in some of them with you guys soon.

Hi guy's is there a chance that a meating could be nearer to south Norfolk/Sufolk area as I would love to get together with other MB club members and other MB owners, it would take me at least 2hrs 45 mins to get to the m40. Great pics really jealous the venue looks great good landlords need are help to stay open these days, I look forward to seeing more meatings pics and hope to be in some of them with you guys soon.

Hey bud :thumb:
Thanks for looking through the thread and posting up.

Your suggestion is a good one.
It's always nice to vary the locations of meets (apart from our regular Bluewater meet, which is kind or religious now :D).

I think it would be good for someone who is close to your area to arrange a get together as I am not really familiar with that area at all, so I wouldn't know where to go or where to meet.

Always keep an eye on the events section of the thread. We always try to get something going on, whether they are small meets or larger ones.

:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom