Megs ultimate compound - highly recommend!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunnydude959

Car
Mercedes
Hi guys,

As many of you know, Mercedes paint is extremely hard stuff and is an absolute pain to polish with most polishes, however I found Megs compound to be magical on MB paint. Even when used by hand, it cuts through swirls so effortlessly and - provided that it's worked in correctly (worked in until it turns clear), it actually leaves a polished finish which shocked me. I've noticed that it can be slightly further enhanced with some megs ultimate polish but jumping from compound to a sealant seemed good enough to me!

I hope this helps someone, such as my former self who felt that there was no way to get rid of huge swirls and holograms after using eg. Super resin polish

Small world. I used Megs UC tonight for the first time and was impressed even for a car that is 17 yrs old which has never seen compound in it's life. I will be ordering Megs 105 compound though as the UC can't handle all of old paints blemishes.

Hopefully after using the 105, UC, polish & wax it will be only a matter of a polish & wax every once in a blue moon.

No, I'll be using Bilt Hamber Finis-Wax. The only reason for that is I've been using it for the last decade having initially purchasing three jars of it (don't ask) and besides I find it very good provided one applies it sparingly.

This thread has caused me to, sorry, 'forced me', to buy some on eBay. You are costing me money and I demand a refund :D

You can also pick it up at ECP, usual discounts apply too.

Did my partner's SLK with Megs UC on a DA in the weekend-it's come out great

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom