Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Thought I'd pop up a quick review of this stuff. This isn't the liquid wax but the spray on wet version.

Ufsw8Nl.jpg

So the car was hand polished and has a sealant applied already. Now the first coat of this stuff goes on when the car is wet but you simply dry the car off whilst it's on the car. This applies a base layer.

On the next application you wash and rinse the car as normal, then spray over the car whilst it's wet.

ZIXRa42.jpg

I've used it with a hose but it reacts more obviously using a pressure washer.

GNVjtjs.jpg

You'll see that the water beads immediately and then you just dry the car.

CbtpBpc.jpg

I've used a couple of similar products, I like Gyeon Wetcoat and I tried Bouncers Bead Juice which both apply with a spray on rinse off method, no base layer as such. I'm quite taken with this stuff though, worth a go and definitely one that's an easy top up to the protection.

Turtle wax is good but doesn't last that long.

Alex, how do you dry the car with liquid ceramic applied, without damaging the drying towels? Or are you using toilet paper that you have over-purchased?

Did my car last week with The TurtleWax equivalent - I'm really impressed with the gloss....durability remains to be seen.

I can't comment on the longevity of the Megs stuff, I know the Wet Coat used to last 4-5 weeks or so. Will keep an eye on the beading.

Turtle wax is good but doesn't last that long.

Alex, how do you dry the car with liquid ceramic applied, without damaging the drying towels? Or are you using toilet paper that you have over-purchased?

No, I'll save the toilet roll for my butt!! haha

I can't comment on the longevity of the Megs stuff, I know the Wet Coat used to last 4-5 weeks or so. Will keep an eye on the beading.

No, I'll save the toilet roll for my butt!! haha

TW claim that 2 coats properly applied will last 12 months. I'll be happy with 6 months. I have tried many other products and nothing (I've tried) touches TW CH for the gloss I am seeing on my car.

I've used the CarPro Hydro product that you spray onto a clean car and set with a pressure washer and was not that impressed.

Apologies Rory, my comment was premature. I was referring to the old wash and wax, which was effective but lacked durability.

I've been impressed with Bilt Hamber double speed applied after cleanser fluid. It lasts for at least four months.

Apologies Rory, my comment was premature. I was referring to the old wash and wax, which was effective but lacked durability.

I've been impressed with Bilt Hamber double speed applied after cleanser fluid. It lasts for at least four months.

No probs _ I assumed that! I've been using Carlack (Swiss/German product) and it lasts really well but the gloss is awful. The TW is really economical - I probably still have 9/10 of the bottle after doing 2 coats. If their claims are true the bottle will last me 10 years.:confused:

TW claim that 2 coats properly applied will last 12 months. I'll be happy with 6 months. I have tried many other products and nothing (I've tried) touches TW CH for the gloss I am seeing on my car.
Hi,

Just to confirm, is this the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wash and Wax please? I was confused by the TW CH, which I guess means Hybrid Ceramic, but there are quite a few products. Thanks for the help.

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wash & Wax | Premium Car Wash

Hi,

Just to confirm, is this the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wash and Wax please? I was confused by the TW CH, which I guess means Hybrid Ceramic, but there are quite a few products. Thanks for the help.

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wash & Wax | Premium Car Wash

Apologies, my post above is a little confusing (1/2 way into a bottle of wine at the time) as what I used is not really the equivalent of what @Alex225 is demonstrating. The one you have mentioned is more like what he used.

They do a similar product but the link below is what I used.

If you buy it, a little goes a long way - I actually sprayed onto an applicator (instead of panel) and then immediately wiped it off. If you leave it too long it becomes more difficult to remove.

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating | Ultimate Long-Lasting Protection[

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd pop a little update in this thread. Since working from home I've been having a little watch of some Youtube detailing videos and it seems Megs HCW has quite a few good reviews. I mean I've tried Gyeon Wetcoat and Bouncers Bead Juice but I'm certainly preferring this Meguiars product so far. Rather than spraying on and rinsing as per the instructions, I'm favouring the spray on a wet car and then simply dry it approach, as per the instructions for the base layer. It seems that gives a more even coat and according to tests better longevity. Technically no different to drying your car as normal really. Some reviews have commented on a completely dry application, others have said the product is activated using water.

Either way, it's certainly doing what it's meant to. This is my S Class which has three layers on top of Britemax Extreme Elements sealant. The second layer was applied via the spray and rinse but last was done with the spray on and dry off method.

The paint feels extremely glossy to the touch and as you can see is giving some extremely good beading, easily comparable to a fresh layer of a good carnauba wax.

3CxHHxN.jpg

AmAsP2t.jpg

Interestingly on my other half's CLS, this has nothing but the Megs HCW applied. An initial base layer and then a second applied the same way at the weekend but probably 4 weeks after the first.

qQJ1MIC.jpg

O3z0upE.jpg

Really uniform across the car, it's been driven and sat in a carpark for a couple of night shifts so no idea what's landed on it but I think that's pretty good. Certainly for a car where the owner isn't fussed, these kinds of products are perfect for applying protection without lavishing the time on spreading a paste or liquid.

I'm certainly intrigued by the Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating as Turtlewax as a band has been overlooked for years, mainly as they haven't done anything especially modern in all the time I've enjoyed detailing. Then they drop their own ceramic range which by all accounts is extremely good. So I'll look to test that at some point and see how it compares. :)

Im in the middle of kitting myself out with all the bits n bobs i need, DA polisher, clay mitt, cutting compound, various polishes including Auto finesse Tripple and a bottle of Turtle Hybrid ceramic polish and wax, i decided on the polish/wax as i plan to apply it with a finishing pad on a DA

Let me know how you get on with applying the wax via DA. I found the polishing was obviously a hell of a lot easier via DA but applying wax I found hard work. Partly as it's great for an even coat on larger panels but ensuring it was in edges I found harder to gauge. Some people swear but it though and I guess it will depend on pad sizes. :)

Anyone tried the Sonax ceramic spray?

Im in the middle of kitting myself out with all the bits n bobs i need, DA polisher, clay mitt, cutting compound, various polishes including Auto finesse Tripple and a bottle of Turtle Hybrid ceramic polish and wax, i decided on the polish/wax as i plan to apply it with a finishing pad on a DA

I wouldn't waste my money on a DA machine unless you really want to be polishing out swirls etc. I have a DA (purchased for polishing (non abrasive) and waxing a new car) , tried it once (been lying in the bag since) and found that it is easier to do the job by hand.

I've just received my TWH car shampoo and 3in1 quick detailer. I really like the TWH Ceramic Spray and it really goes on/off easily - best gloss I've seen on this car . :) :cool:

IMG_0742.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd pop a little update in this thread. Since working from home I've been having a little watch of some Youtube detailing videos and it seems Megs HCW has quite a few good reviews. I mean I've tried Gyeon Wetcoat and Bouncers Bead Juice but I'm certainly preferring this Meguiars product so far. Rather than spraying on and rinsing as per the instructions, I'm favouring the spray on a wet car and then simply dry it approach, as per the instructions for the base layer. It seems that gives a more even coat and according to tests better longevity. Technically no different to drying your car as normal really. Some reviews have commented on a completely dry application, others have said the product is activated using water.

Either way, it's certainly doing what it's meant to. This is my S Class which has three layers on top of Britemax Extreme Elements sealant. The second layer was applied via the spray and rinse but last was done with the spray on and dry off method.

The paint feels extremely glossy to the touch and as you can see is giving some extremely good beading, easily comparable to a fresh layer of a good carnauba wax.

3CxHHxN.jpg

AmAsP2t.jpg

Interestingly on my other half's CLS, this has nothing but the Megs HCW applied. An initial base layer and then a second applied the same way at the weekend but probably 4 weeks after the first.

qQJ1MIC.jpg

O3z0upE.jpg

Really uniform across the car, it's been driven and sat in a carpark for a couple of night shifts so no idea what's landed on it but I think that's pretty good. Certainly for a car where the owner isn't fussed, these kinds of products are perfect for applying protection without lavishing the time on spreading a paste or liquid.

I'm certainly intrigued by the Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating as Turtlewax as a band has been overlooked for years, mainly as they haven't done anything especially modern in all the time I've enjoyed detailing. Then they drop their own ceramic range which by all accounts is extremely good. So I'll look to test that at some point and see how it compares. :)
I’ll give it a go this weekend, weather permitted, but just looking in your three photos my view is that spraying on wet and drying gives the best result because of uniformity of beads. Did you buff it with clean cloth after drying?

I applied this yesterday to my 3 Series. After watching several Youtube videos I decided to buff in the base coat into wet surface before blasting the residue off with a Karcher. Then applied a second coat, rinsed and dried with a microfibre.

I think I ended up using too much product. I used about half the bottle for the 2 coats. That included all surfaces including the glass and wheels since that is what the instructions said. The glass especially, and the paintwork needed a lot of buffing off excess wax residue despite an extended blast with Power washer.

I would stick to the Meguiars instructions to the letter. It seems a bit too simple, but I definitely wish I'd done exactly as it said on the tin.

So far pleased with the results.

I’ll give it a go this weekend, weather permitted, but just looking in your three photos my view is that spraying on wet and drying gives the best result because of uniformity of beads. Did you buff it with clean cloth after drying?

From what I've seen on videos and I suppose my logic on it is that you just get a more even coating if you spray on and then it spreads out as you wipe the panels dry. Also, as you're going to dry the car anyway spraying on and rinsing off doesn't seem any quicker haha.

I usually go over the car with a clean microfibre cloth once it's been dried. Usually picks up any remaining moisture as well as buffing the finish lightly.

All that said, I washed the car on Saturday and it was just starting to rain as I was finishing up so I did the spray on and rinse application just to top it up. Probably unnecessary as it seems to last well and certainly doesn't need doing every wash. :)

I used this product a couple of months ago in early March & found it to be easy to apply & gave a wonderful beading effect, I made the mistake of hosing down the roof & the water went all over the windscreen & when I turned the wipers on it was a disaster & I couldn't see where I was going, so top tip is don't rinse over the windscreen.
I've used it since on the wife's car & even on the composite decking so that also looks good after the rain.DSCN1701-min.JPGDSCN1703-min.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom