Melanite Black e55k Gets a proper detail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Well spent all day on her, AutoGlym Ph neutral wash, Polished with Mer Ulitmate Series finished off with the Buffer then a Meg's Ultimate Gold class wax on top.

Engine bay was Ultimate polish on the slam panel, Simoniz Jet black coating, and Autosol on the AMG logo.

merc85-albums-brutus-picture10248-p1010045.jpg

merc85-albums-brutus-picture10250-p1010050.jpg

merc85-albums-brutus-picture10251-p1010052.jpg

merc85-albums-brutus-picture10252-p1010054.jpg

merc85-albums-brutus-picture10253-p1010058.jpg

Why do you have to do stuff like this and then post it.

Seriously, that looks great. Now makes me feel that my 2-3hour effort is poor.:(

I would look twice at that :thumb: and someone would tell me to stop salivating.

Why do you have to do stuff like this and then post it.

Seriously, that looks great. Now makes me feel that my 2-3hour effort is poor.:(

I would look twice at that :thumb: and someone would tell me to stop salivating.

doh.... lol:D

Want to do mine? :D

Seriously though, my Obsidian black '55 Wagon is crying out for an effort like this. Just haven't the time at the moment :eek:

Want to do mine? :D

Seriously though, my Obsidian black '55 Wagon is crying out for an effort like this. Just haven't the time at the moment :eek:

Swap for a Saloon?? lol only kidding:D

Looking spot on!! What size tyres do you have??

Looking spot on!! What size tyres do you have??

Bloomin awful 235/35/19's on 9.5j rims :/ deffo changing them out for some correctly size tyres once there worn. Don't know what the previous owners was thinking in that department.

Bloomin awful 235/35/19's on 9.5j rims :/ deffo changing them out for some correctly size tyres once there worn. Don't know what the previous owners was thinking in that department.

They 9.5 all round? If so what's the front end handle like?

They 9.5 all round? If so what's the front end handle like?

Yes , well that's what I was told, tbf the front feels fine but I haven't pushed the car at all as I'm getting used it and making sure it all feels spot on. I just hate that stretched tyre look. I think 245 35 19 on the front and 265 on the rear would work better.

That's why I asked as its got 9.5 all the way round :crazy: 275 30 19 was what I was told would be best for 9.5-10j wheels :thumb:

Would look nice on some standard wheels :D

Lol the thing is the Bbs are on spacers as the centre of the wheels are quite shallow and the previous owner said the centre caps wouldn't fit properly, I do think 275 would be in danger of rubbing on the rear like wise any more the 245 on the front would do the same or at least stick out to far, the wheels are the last thing on my mind tho atm. Thanks for the info peeps :)

That's it, after looking at your pictures I'm going out to wash n polish my black beauty tomorrow.
Got three less exhaust trims to do than you though.

I know how you feel :D

I spent last Sunday preparing the car for Winter, about 6 hours hehe. Wash, tar & bug remover, clay bar, exhaust tips, interior, wax and loads more.

Lol the thing is the Bbs are on spacers as the centre of the wheels are quite shallow and the previous owner said the centre caps wouldn't fit properly, I do think 275 would be in danger of rubbing on the rear like wise any more the 245 on the front would do the same or at least stick out to far, the wheels are the last thing on my mind tho atm. Thanks for the info peeps :)

275's should be fine on the back mate :thumb:
Would be interested to know the specs of your wheels? Offset ect :thumb:

Yes no probs jay, next time there off, which knowing me want be long lol, i will have a good look and let you know :)

Fair play to you that looks stunning. I can see the green tint you mentioned on another thread. Must be rare colour you have there.

Come on admit how many helpers did you have.

Looks super it does.

Correct tyres for 19's on our cars are 245/35/19 fronts and 275/30/19 rears, but as you've said it will depend on the wheels having the correct offsets. My BBS LM's are 8.5" ET32 front and 9.5" ET32 rear. That's within 2MM offset of 19" AMG wheels. The rears only clear the arches by a couple of MM's and I do mean just a couple of MM's!!

BBS CH's are available in correct size and suitable offset for our cars so I'm surprised they weren't ordered in correct size and offsets, unless the previous owner didn't buy them new or specifically for an E? Yours do look like 9.5" all round as that's a big stretch on the fronts.

Last edited:
Thanks for that useful info Simon :) with a drop in profile 275's may clear, Will do some more investigating when there due a change :)

Very Car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom