Mellow TV theme tunes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
Any that really make you relax?

I'll go for:

1) Hill Street Blues
2) Taxi
3) The Sweeny's closing music.

Difficult one... as the tv is usually swapped over before the first credit hits the screen... if theres any mellow i can think of is House MD, but i like the opening tune too.

MASH :rock:

Some of you know that I work for call centres and allegedly this theme tune was at one point one of the tracks of hold music for...

wait for it...

The Samaritans :crazy:

Apparently - didn't stay on there for long though :eek:

Blue Planet

Deadliest Catch on Discovery is one that I can listen too

I rather liked "Here with Me" by Dido which was the title track for the TV series ROSWELL --http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0201391/maindetails.

I didn't hear you leave, I wonder how am I still here,
I don't want to move a thing, it might change my memory
Oh I am what I am, I'll do what I want, but I can't hide
I won't go, I won't sleep, I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me
I won't leave, I can't hide, I cannot be, until you're resting here with me
I don't want to call my friends, they might wake me from this dream
And I can't leave this bed, risk forgetting all that's been
Oh I am what I am, I'll do what I want but I can't hide
I won't go, I won't sleep, I can't breathe until you're resting here with me
I won't leave, I can't hide, I cannot be, until you're resting here with me.

Deadliest Catch on Discovery is one that I can listen too

Which seres ?

Series one has a custom theme tune, series two uses 'Bon Jovi - Dead or Alive' ..

My favourite programme Ian by the way , got both series on DVD !! :bannana:

Mellowist theme tune for me is The Sopranos , Alabama 3 - Woke up this morning .....

Are YOU talking to me???

Mellowist theme tune for me is The Sopranos , Alabama 3 - Woke up this morning .....

I would call that track " MENACING" rather than "mellow" Howard. Combine it with James Gandolfini driving the New Jersey Turnpike and you start thinking did I lock the front door??:eek: It is however a cracking track all the same.:rock: :rock:

Last edited:
Ha Ha !!

I listen to it some mornings (6am) when i am driving home off the night shift ... :eek:

Puts me in a good mood for the day ....

Tony Soprano is my hero !

Last of the Summer Wine, nice and relaxing

Alabama 3's album "Exile on Coldharbor Lane" is one of my all time favourites now.:bannana: I didn't even know the Sopranos connection for some time but bought it on the recommendation of a friend.

The rest of the album is very good too, highlight for me is "Speed of the sound of loneliness". Cracking.

Funniest thing about it is the constant jokey references to bible bashing, going to church, deep south gospel music. These guys are from Sarf London, I am led to believe!!

Well, well worth buying, particularly since it's probably in most stores' bargain bins!:rock:

How about ' The night we nearly got busted ' , another cracking A3 tune !!

A pal of my dads has worked with them , and apparently there are loads of them , not just 3 , and they chop and change depending on who is around at the time .... :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom