Melted fuse heater blower w202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lars-mad

Car
1996 c180 2.0 1995 C180 AMG 1988 190e 2.3 1989 230CE with facelift
Hello the fuse for the heater blower melted on me and the blower stopped it also ruined the fuse holder the car is a w202 c200 1996
Tried replace the fuse just in case but same happened again
Does anyone have an idea why this happened?

The blower was pulling too much current. I used to see this years ago on 202's. You can wire in a separate fuse if you don't want to replace the fuse box. You will need a new blower and regulator too.

The blower was pulling too much current. I used to see this years ago on 202's. You can wire in a separate fuse if you don't want to replace the fuse box. You will need a new blower and regulator too.
Do you think the wires underneat the fuse box is okay?
I think i have a used regulator and maybe a used blower can this be used or should i get everything new?

I don't know without seeing a pic or seeing it myself. You can use second hand if they work ok?

I don't know without seeing a pic or seeing it myself. You can use second hand if they work ok?
I can try to post a pic later today or tomorrow..
I think i have the parts laying around from a donor car that i scrapped some years ago where it was working fine..
when i pulled the cover underneath the blower it was a lot of leafs do you know where they are coming from? is there a drain that is full somewhere?

Yes. Take the trim off from the bottom of the windscreen and see if its clogged up down there.

Hi guys! I have a w202 of 1999 and today something went wrong with the A/c system. When I turn on the blower 1-3 position, the power of the air which comes out was very low. After few hours, it was working perfectly for few minutes and then happen again.. Also I have changed the blower resistor with second hand, 3 years ago because during the operation of the A/c at any speed or sometimes when it was switch off, I could here the blower without touch anything.

Any solutions to my problem?
Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom