Memory Foam Matress

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Just had our king size memory foam matress delivered....

It is expanding on the bed as we speak....... :)

Mmmmmmmm Memory Foam....... drool..........

Howard said:
Just had our king size memory foam matress delivered....

It is expanding on the bed as we speak....... :)

Mmmmmmmm Memory Foam....... drool..........

We have these mattresses and they are extremely comfortable. Coupled with a fully adjustable bed its great. The best nights sleep I've ever had. We are going to get them for the children also. A wise choice Howard.

Ive just had a part mem foam and part spring one delivered, we spent 3 hrs in Dreams trying the different types out! then ordered from www.bedsonlegs.co.uk for almost £300 cheaper!!

overslept the first night we got it!! :)

An unusual topic - even for the off-topic section!

People: may I ask, do you find these mattresses are very hot to sleep on on a warm night? I ask because this is my only gripe with Dunlopillow mattresses; my wife and I are very temped by a memory foam mattress but are worried they will be like the old Dunlopillows.

Not surprisingly, the sales people told us of the memory mattresses "they are warm in winter and cool in summer", which I was disinclined to believe.

Thanks
Philip

Apparently they allow air to circulate as they are foam, so you shouldn't get sweaty....

We got our mattress from a place called www.cushynumbersuk.com , the king size is £399 but they also list them on Ebay starting at £184 for a king size (we won ours for £184 with £25 p+p)

See this:-

http://www.cushynumbersuk.com/memory-foam-mattress-faq.asp

Thanks for the info, Howard. I will speak with my wife.

Alfie? How do you get on with them? Especially as the nights have been quite mild this year (thoug not tonight, apparently).

Philip

Memory foam mattress? If only they could talk as well eh! :D :D :D

prprandall51 said:
Thanks for the info, Howard. I will speak with my wife.

Alfie? How do you get on with them? Especially as the nights have been quite mild this year (thoug not tonight, apparently).

Philip

Cant recommend it enough. Its not sweaty or cold. It seems just right. Plus you dont get any bed bugs like conventional mattresses. The cover comes off to wash it also.

Try one for a night or two and see what you think. I find it convincing that a lot of private hospitals use them. They really are very very comfortable.

so do they not feel too soft??
I like a rock hard matress so have always given them a wide berth

sooooooooo gooooooooooooood

Ive had a rest assured memory foam/pocket sprung mattress for 4 weeks ,worth every penny highly recommended.ive tried watching several films in bed with no luck,keep falling asleep.

bloody hell you lot ...........pipe and tarten slippers next

ps i have a heated blanket ;)

Tempur has been my friend for 2 years now. Well worth the investment.

Hi,

I believe 'memory' foam was developed by NASA to cushion astronauts during take off :eek: .

It's main benefit is (obviously) that there are an infinite (almost) number of contacts with your body hence it's more comfortable (unlike spring mattresses which have a much smaller number of contacts).

Plus you don't have to 'turn' them every three months or so :crazy: . Had ours 18 months and it's still as new :cool: .

Sweet dreams :D

Dieter said:
I believe 'memory' foam was developed by NASA to cushion astronauts during take off :eek: .

Hi Dieter,
I have absolutely no knowledge on that claim but it seems weird. Surely they would like to be strapped into a firm comfortable seat. From all these post this mattress moulds itself to your body? When you are pulling positive g then you will be putting extra pressure onto the 'cushion'. So blow having move, or sag as it reshapes itself to allow for the pressures of the launch. Once in space there would obviously be no need for any luxury type bedding.

Reckon I will have to volunteer as an apprentice mattress tester for NASA :D :D

Regards,
John the curious

Hi Dieter,
Thanks very much for the most informative link. I suppose during a launch there might well be a build up of 'gas' into a mattress ;) All that pressure has to go somewhere... :cool:

;) On a serious note, if anyone has relatives that have to spend a lot of time in bed, then I would suggest they consider a spenco mattress.

Regards,
John the full time mattress tester

I can vouch for the memory foam mattress. I purchased one of ebay a while back, since then I have upgraded to Tempur.

my verdict? if you are going to buy one, buy a tempur nothing else cuts the mustard.

Sorry to drag this thread back but I have had a memafoam matress delivered about 3 hours ago... can anyone tell me how long the toxic smell lasts for??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom