Memory function.. mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toffee-pie

Car
Legacy 3.0R Spec.B 6MT
Guys

I am finding that my rear view mirror has a mind of its own, I move it into position, hit M and then 1. Whenever I go back to my car, or stop the car I see it moving to another position.

When I press 1 it moves to another position, and pressing 1 again moves it somewhere else.

So, yeah...! :doh:

So, it doesn't seem to keep memory, I am surprised when you are setting memory positions there is no audible beep or notification? its just silence.

Also I am wondering if the passenger side mirror dips when it should in reverse, I know it did a few days ago but after pushing so many buttons now it doesn't seem to dip at all. I have turned it on in the menu.

any thoughts?

Press M then press and hold 1 for 5sec....

Do you have Key Dependency switched on?

Regarding the dipping nearside mirror do you have the nearside mirror selected?

oh right 5 seconds. Don't think I held it that long.

Near side mirror was selected, but don't think it dipped when i went in reverse. It definitely did a few days ago so must have upset something.

I have looked at this again.

Its acting weird, (keeps moving to a default position each time I start the car), memory doesnt seem to do anything.

Is there a fuse I can pull to reset this? the passenger mirror is dipping now in reverse but the rear view mirror is ridiculous. Dont want to be manually moving this each time I start the car and I dont want to damage its motor.

Did you check if you have the Key Dependency option set? If yes, each time a key is recognised the car will adjust to memory settings of that key

well i am only ever using the one key, unless the other key is what I should use?

I will turn off the key dependency and see if it behaves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom