Memory Mattress again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They can be quite " firm" for anyone used to an interior sprung mattress. In addition because they mould themselves to your body shape[ good for support] many people find them very hot [ no air gaps left for circulation] Not everybody likes em!

cannot grumble for the price I suppose, as it is for the spare bedroom i guess it doesn't really matter.

Just don't buy a Water Bed. That was the cause of a bitter divorce between my friend and his wife.

Things were fine at first, but after a while, they just seemed to drift apart.

Very good nights sleep , warmer, but the only problem I have is, as they are thinner than a normal mattress, you can't use fitted sheets. Also I have had to buy new larger king size sheets as they keep slipping out from under it.

We bought a Sealy back in 2005 and they were sold as being cooler than the main mattress of the day. I find it fine and I tend to get warm fairly easily.

Just don't buy a Water Bed. That was the cause of a bitter divorce between my friend and his wife.

Wat er terrible joke.

Aquan't believe I read that with any degree of seriousness.

At that price, get it quick. We have one on our bed and in one of the guest rooms. We both find it very comfortable with absolutely no problems; not too firm and certainly not hot. Guests always comment on how comfortable theirs is too.

They can be quite " firm" for anyone used to an interior sprung mattress. In addition because they mould themselves to your body shape[ good for support] many people find them very hot [ no air gaps left for circulation] Not everybody likes em!

I tried one for a short while, hated it! Moulds as you say, then when you turn over it takes a while to reshape, awkward and uncomfortable ..

Tried a water bed , but the waters way to hard in East Anglia , bet they are really comfortable in Wales.......

Matter of taste.

For a spare bed? Buy it.

It looks ideal for a guest room, no springs to creak. And at that price it's got to be worth a small gamble.

Very good nights sleep , warmer, but the only problem I have is, as they are thinner than a normal mattress, you can't use fitted sheets. Also I have had to buy new larger king size sheets as they keep slipping out from under it.

We bought a Sealy back in 2005 and they were sold as being cooler than the main mattress of the day. I find it fine and I tend to get warm fairly easily.

We have a Sealy Emperor mattress which is memory foam over springs. I think it gets warm easily but is comfortable.
Being foam over springs does make it both heavy and thick.

I would buy the one advertised as the price is unbeatable.

I have the Dreamland equivalent memory mattress and find it superb.
I paid £250 for it. (Double bed size). So £159 for a Kingsize is a good deal.
Mine too came rolled and had instructions attached, 'place it on the bed before opening the packaging'. So glad I read that ...... it would have been fun trying to get it upstairs if I had opened it downstairs. It's quite heavy for a mattress.
As for being too hot, I haven't found any problem with it in the 3 years I've had it.

Anyone got a tempur?

Waits for Ringway's wisecrack. '...... I said WISE NOT WIDE.

Hmmm memory foam the contours to your body. If you "toss and turn" a lot in bed you may find the the mattress "grabby" and you end up with damaged joints..

I had a memory foam mattress that I used for a year or so. I thought it was great in every respect. It did get warm but in a good way.

It's now on my guest bed and guests comment on how comfy it is. Look at the reviews too.

One thing you might want to check is the foam density as it varies.

At that price though, I think I'd just get it.

What do you think? Is it better than other memory foams? Or just overpriced?

It could never be rolled up for a start, which means it is not the same as the cheaper one referred to by the OP. It also weighs a ton, but it does work.

The cheaper ones only have a memory foam layer, the tempur is memory foam all the way through. The only downside is that it can get warm as there is no ventilation through the mattress, unlike more conventional sprung ones.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom