Memory steering setting when getting out of the car, Information please w205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc estate

MB Enthusiast
Car
C Class w205 220d AMG Premium line 2016
I have a 2016 c class w205 amg premium line with the memory seats and the steering that retracts when you get out. I would like it to fully retract when i open door to get out, It does go up and in a bit but i would like it to go in more maybe all the way if possible. Can you tell me if i can program it to do that (the old backs a bit dodgy so the more room the better), On this package the seat does not go back automatically only the steering wheel up and in, Thanks for you help

Can you make it retract further using the stalk?

Set one of your memory positions to seat fully back and steering up and in and use that position to exit the car. Once in use another button as your normal driving position.

Set one of your memory positions to seat fully back and steering up and in and use that position to exit the car. Once in use another button as your normal driving position.
Thanks i have done that, do you have to hold the button while it sets, or should it be one touch mine seems you have to hold the button, Thanks

Thanks i have done that, do you have to hold the button while it sets, or should it be one touch mine seems you have to hold the button, Thanks
Yes, you have to hold the button.

I'm led to believe it's a safety feature, setups you getting crushed if the seat is set too far forward.

Ahh, method in the madness. Just got the new toy so still learning, but love the car, thanks for your answers.

Unfortunately, you do have to hold the button. I have a SmartTop in my car (adds functions for the convertible roof) but also adds several other features.

One of them is 2 automatic seating positions
Memory 1 - seat, steering etc in driving position (activates when starting car)
Memory 2 - seat, steering etc in getting out position (activates when turning the ignition off).

It also adds a 1 touch feature for the seat memory buttons.... 😉

Unfortunately, you do have to hold the button. I have a SmartTop in my car (adds functions for the convertible roof) but also adds several other features.

One of them is 2 automatic seating positions
Memory 1 - seat, steering etc in driving position (activates when starting car)
Memory 2 - seat, steering etc in getting out position (activates when turning the ignition off).

It also adds a 1 touch feature for the seat memory buttons.... 😉
I have the same smart top module :cool:

They used to have key dependant settings , where as your wife or husband set the seat and steering to that key. If you ever mixed up the keys and you are 19 clem and the wife 8 , it was going to end up a mess for the 19 stoner . Its been taken away for that very reason i presume. Another reason to buy a Ford or vauxhall.

They used to have key dependant settings , where as your wife or husband set the seat and steering to that key. If you ever mixed up the keys and you are 19 clem and the wife 8 , it was going to end up a mess for the 19 stoner . Its been taken away for that very reason i presume. Another reason to buy a Ford or vauxhall.

IIRC BMW also had ‘His n Hers’ keys. A better system IMO. As the seat and steering position is set before/as you enter the car.

Our Mondeo has the ‘1 touch’ setting (no need to keep finger on the button) and it never killed either of us.

All first world problems I guess.

IIRC BMW also had ‘His n Hers’ keys. A better system IMO. As the seat and steering position is set before/as you enter the car.

Our Mondeo has the ‘1 touch’ setting (no need to keep finger on the button) and it never killed either of us.

All first world problems I guess.
Yet, Ha Ha

Yea we had it in a Dodge Durango (5.7L Hemi V8 - a beast). Besides seats, it did outside mirrors, a/c, foot pedals (adjustable closer/further) & preferred radio station. We never had a problem mixed up fobs as we had different keyrings....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom