Men are from Venus......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
SWMBO and I gel in almost every area of our lives and generally live harmoniously

One area where we differ is in our relative sense of humour.

As an example :

We are going to a 60th wedding anniversary lunch tomorrow.

I asked if we should take a gift of some sort but apparently it was stated by our hosts in the invitation that although they are very grateful for the thought they do not wish to receive gifts.

Madam asked out of curiosity what would I have suggested.

I said that considering the average age of the guests attending a defibrillator might have been suitable 😁

She wasn't amused!

A quick poll by me amongst some of our friends shows this disparity in humour to be quite common.and is probably explained by her contention that inside every adult man is a 6 year old 😂

Similar situation in our house :

Every Xmas day and mothers / fathers day i go the garden of remembrance at the crematorium to leave a couple of bunches of flowers , came home and wifey asked if it was busy , i replied - "No, it was dead" - which was met with a shake of the head and a roll of her eyes, nothing was said but i got the pic.

K

PS - the parents would have found it funny.

Mrs Ant & I share pretty much the same sense of humour. We like a huge range of comedians and TV shows. Tbh if it’s comedy we generally enjoy it.

However, I agree with your point. We’re both 49 but Mrs Ant has always said I’m very immature
:banana::rock:😁

Mrs Ant & I share pretty much the same sense of humour. We like a huge range of comedians and TV shows. Tbh if it’s comedy we generally enjoy it.

However, I agree with your point. We’re both 49 but Mrs Ant has always said I’m very immature
:banana::rock:😁
My wife hasn’t got a sense of humour whatsoever so when she starts a sentence by saying by saying “I’m not trying to be funny but………” me and my daughter kill ourselves laughing.

I think that's funny 🤣🤣

However most women do not find those jokes funny. Hence why i guess i'm single 🤣

Similar situation in our house :

Every Xmas day and mothers / fathers day i go the garden of remembrance at the crematorium to leave a couple of bunches of flowers , came home and wifey asked if it was busy , i replied - "No, it was dead" - which was met with a shake of the head and a roll of her eyes, nothing was said but i got the pic.

K

PS - the parents would have found it funny.
Also funny 🤣

Before Christmas we went on a National trust woodland walk/light show. My Wife was the fat controller of the wheelchair we had hired from the red cross.

Half way round I said to the wife "where's the wheel chair?"

Boing Boing Boing SPLASH

Oh there it is as it floated off down the river.

Rubs hands together for the years of ribbing to follow :banana:

I’ll just leave this thought here:

Fart gags.
I found that getting a dog cures flatulence.
I haven't farted since we got Mishka. She on the other hand farts as often as I used to.

As they ingredients for life came to Earth via meteorites, we're all aliens anyway!🤣

Nanu Nanu! 😂👍
I love the thought, also, that we're breathing atoms that dinosaurs inhaled and our matter shall continue to be reused long after we depart this mortal plane.

Reactions: 190
Unfortunately I haven’t learned not to tell my oh jokes, 99% of the time the joke takes a minute to tell, followed by the ten minute explanation, followed by the inevitable shouting match caused by her ridiculously logical questioning, followed by me making my own tea.

Unfortunately I haven’t learned not to tell my oh jokes, 99% of the time the joke takes a minute to tell, followed by the ten minute explanation, followed by the inevitable shouting match caused by her ridiculously logical questioning, followed by me making my own tea.
You do realise that banging your head against a brick wall is likely to be less painful?!🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom