MER versus AUTOGLMM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roy

Car
Lexus RX300. 2002 BMW 330D SE
Hi Guys,

Would appreciate some info from more experienced guys on the following...

At this time of the year ( sooner if I have the time ) I always treat the Merc and the wife's BMW to a coat of polish to protect them through the winter.
This time I dropped one. I ran out of Autoglym .It was on the shopping list when we saw by chance on a market a super slick sales guy demonstrating MER... he was good . he set fire to a bonnet (something we all do every day?) and in fairness did a good presentation. I fell for it and bought some, feeling safe that it was made in Germany...
Today (11th Dec) was a nice bright day down here and I set to and did both cars.... I cannot believe it .. The product is superb.. My silver 300TD has come up almost like new . The MER must be slightly more abrasive than previous polishes as it has lifted a great deal of filth out of the paintwork. The shine is superb. The best polishing job I have ever caried out

What do you guys think about MER ? Is it just me or is it so superb ?
I will be sticking with it from now on unless someone in the club makes me think otherwise...I am very, very satisfied. If there is something better on the market than MER , I would certainly like to know about it ... Roy

Hi Roy,

Glad that you are happy with the results of your Mer. I think you have summed it up pretty well, it is a slightly more abrasive polish, and can achieve good results on light coloured cars in particular. I am not sure how much benefit it would be in using this regularly though as I am not sure on how much wax etc it contains? If this is what you were considering, perhaps you could try a wax now to seal in all that polishing effort? :)

Cheers,

Will

A paint shop I know uses Mer after a cars been in for repair in order to clean up the old paint and having seen the results it looks nice. I think if you have paint needed a bit of a clean up then Mer is very good if like some of the cars on here, the paint is so clean you could eat off it then others do very well as finishing waxes. I hate coloured turtlewax...dont even think about it!, Autoglym is good, Meguiars and Zymol are very very good. BUT diferent cars and paints and colours give a different finish. On my black car I reckon Zymol is best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom