Merc 190E wheel trims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianturner

Hi I have just purchased my first mercedes a 190E which has steel wheels and plastic wheel trims which in fact look quite good!

What I would really like to do is change them for wheel trims that have the mercedes logo.

Do they still make them and does anyone know how much they are?

Also my merc has 140,000 miles on the clock and I have never bought a car with such high mileage before and would normally steer clear of any car approaching 100,000miles

Is it true what they say, that on a merc 140,000 isn't that much?
how long can I expect the engine to last?

Originally posted by ianturner
What I would really like to do is change them for wheel trims that have the mercedes logo.
I got a price for some wheeltrims a while ago, I was planning on getting a set of steels and winter tyres for winter use, the wheel trims cost as much as the wheels and tyres combined, about £200 for a set! If you want some second hand or replica oem wheel trims try these places:

http://www.dronsfields.co.uk

http://www.mercedesusedparts.co.uk/

or try ebay

Merc wheel trims

Thanks for that useful info both of you, I will have a look on ebay and the other places you mentioned

many thanks

I have a 190e with 143,000 miles on it and to be honest the only thing it actually needs right now is an oil leak fix.

It's booked in to fix it on Friday.

I broke the water pump a while back - my fault. Changed the wheels as they had started corroding.

That's it. Your car should go forever with a little care.

I wouldn't bother with the wheel trims - alloys for your 190 often crop up on ebay (with tyres) for less than the £150 mark.

Originally posted by ianturner

Is it true what they say, that on a merc 140,000 isn't that much?
how long can I expect the engine to last?

260E -- 199,213 miles
200T -- 174,687 miles

both sweet as a nut, no rattles, good oil pressure feels like new. As long as the car has had regular servicing there should be no problem. Someone once told me that 250,000 miles was "just" run in :eek: :eek: :eek:

I may have a set of wheel trims if you are still interested. I'll have a look when I get home.

I have a set of silver 5 spoke OZ 17" split rims in fair/good nick (not kerbed), I used to them run on my lowered 190e. They have good tyres on them if you are interested in them?

Let me know.

Dave

Re: Wheel trim & longevity question

Hi Scotth_uk/Sp!ke/Ian/Dave

Thank you for your replies, I have only just got the 190E and I cannot get over the very easy access under the bonnett but since my motor has only done 143,000 !! and not yet run in so I'm told I'm hoping that I won't get too many problems.

I am going to need some new tyres soon so can anyone recommend the tyre of choice for the 190E

Hi Dave I could be interested in what you have for sale, so more details appreciated.

Ian,

I have 5 standard MB wheels trims with the large Mercedes emblem in the center like this...

mercedes%20trim.jpg

1 is brand new and the other four are used, one is scuffed around the edge, the others are clean and in good condition.

I also have a set of OZ 17" five spoke split rims like this...

likethis.jpg

This is a picture of wheels on a Lotus, mine have a polished rim, not quite this deep, but the appearance is similar. I can't find a picture of them on the net or in my collection.

I have a set of 4, in quite good condition, slight corrosion but not kerbed. They have 215/40/17 tyres on them with good tread.

If you are interested please PM me. I can take photos of different angles if you like.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom