Merc 220 cdi wont start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorwichJohno

Car
220 CDI Estate
Ive owned the Merc for a couple of months, no problems whatsoever until Friday...
I drove home, no problem.. stopped off at local shop and it would not restart ... 12 hrs later turned it over and she started no problem..

After a short 5 mile journey, i stopped her again, and she wont now restart..

The dash is showing a red light marked DTR that i havent seen before...

Ive heard all the tricks about taking battery off, waiting half an hourand pumping the break pedal 20 times to "reset the system"... it dont work.

Any help appreciated and if anyone local fancies some cash to fit the crank sensor as ive been told its that, then im in norwich but dont have mercedes pockets....

Saturday

Just drove to Newmarket & back, a round trip of 120 miles, drove without fault except it accelerates slowly but all the way upto whatever speed you want, and the kick down does nothing...
Stopped when i got home, now wont restart even after 3 minutes..... I know it will restart in about 12 hours...

Im quickly going off crank sensor/camshaft sensor and thinking it must be something else

Solved.... The fuel pressure sensor on the injector rail fell out as we were working on car... mmmmmmmmmm says my friend, that looks lose...... Fixed it with a cable tie and she started on the button, ive since drove it 100 miles and stopped and restarted several times... no problems

the performance is back, kick down works, she's not guffing black smoke out and guess whose a happy bunny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom