merc 270 cdi injector seals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisbrad66

Car
S320 CDI, W203 320 CDI
Hi all, i've got a merc 270 cdi engine in a jeep, number 5 injector seal is weeping, i have removed the injector twice, fitted new washers and stretch bolts but it still refuses to seal fully, i have even recut the seat using the special reamer you can buy but to no avail, has anyone had a similar problem with one that refuses to seal? Help needed please!!!!

i used the one that came with the tool, its not removable, i bought it from hutsons in widnes, its the only one they do for the 270 cdi engine i was led to believe, i have used the same tool before on sprinter engines and never had a problem

yes had this before had to change the injector i only use mb cooper washers make sure every thing is spot lessy clean put a slight bit of fire cement over the cooper washer (exhaust paste) this will seal a bit better and keep the heat away from the washer

Always run a tap down the stretch bolt hole. Doing this ensures that there is no debris in the thread or at the bottom of the hole. Then Torque it up to 7nm then 90 degrees and a further 90 degrees.

Thanks to all for the advice, the washer finally sealed after the third attempt and a third seat recut, i keep checking it everyday and all appears well! Fingers crossed

Cut the injector flat too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom