merc 300 sl r107 w107

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

giggles57380

Car
mercedes 300 sl
Hi all, new on here. I own a 1988-89 300 sl and had a bit of a water leak in the car, on further inspection i found that water was comming in from around the heater blower which came away from the car in my hands and left a nice big rusty mess! i have proceeded to remove the dash to gain access to be able to weld a plate in but have come to a stop due to not being able to remove the black heater box that holds the heater matrix.... i've also tried to find a haynes manual to help me out but have had no luck finding one. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP :dk:

It is not a nice job. I mean really not nice getting that heater box in and out.
The brace that runs the width of the car is a real pain. I find it easiest to take the box apart in situe then remove the largest part out through the centre console

Hi, finally managed to remove the heater, just had to remove all wires from in front of it then slide the bottom section towards the back of the car. Then top front half there are 4 clips at the bottom then it all just splits.
Thanks for the reply anyway, i didn't think anyone would reply to my message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom