Merc 320cls 2006 engine/transmission problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colin 320cls

Car
merc 320cls
:wallbash::bannana:Hi All have problem with 320cls.2006 model....sometimes it wont change gear and I have to use the manual change on gear lever several times before it will change up...also if I give a rapid throttle to change down it does not change down. sometimes when in 5/6th gear it will not change down automatically and increasing throttle has no effect...if I use the manual change down it revs up to 3000rpm but car does not accelerate..it seems there is a problem with the communication between engine and gearbox.

Any help most appreciated!!

:wallbash::bannana:Hi All have problem with 320cls.2006 model....sometimes it wont change gear and I have to use the manual change on gear lever several times before it will change up...also if I give a rapid throttle to change down it does not change down. sometimes when in 5/6th gear it will not change down automatically and increasing throttle has no effect...if I use the manual change down it revs up to 3000rpm but car does not accelerate..it seems there is a problem with the communication between engine and gearbox.

Any help most appreciated!!

Check the gearbox level and maybe it's due a gearbox service. Star is the way forward iam afraid.

don't think its in Limp mode...however if I turn ignition off and restart car all OK

colin 320cls said:
don't think its in Limp mode...however if I turn ignition off and restart car all OK

That's limp mode.

If its in the limp mode, what is the original problem,where should I look??

Don't bother looking,save yourself time and money by getting the codes read on MB Star diagnostic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom