Merc A200 (2016) lacking bass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnilS

My wife has had an A200 for a couple of months and finds its stereo sound quality (Audio 20) a little lacking in oomph and bass reproduction.

She's coming from an Audi TT that had a surround sound Bose system.

It's still under warranty, so not sure if we can add/fit/upgrade the speaker system, without affecting it.

I note on other forums that the rear speakers might be the weak link but rather than swap these out, will a small subwoofer, in the spare wheel well help?

Suggestions and advice really appreciated. ;)

Isn't there settings where you can up the bass?

www.comandonline.co.uk fitted a flat subwoofer in the boot of my W204 and the bass is now fantastic.

I have recently driven a BMW 435i with the Harman Kardon sound upgrade, and the bass in my car is much better.

Last edited:
Isn't there settings where you can up the bass?

Played with the settings and it's better but not great sadly.

www.comandonline.co.uk fitted a flat subwoofer in the boot of my W204 and the bass is now fantastic.

I have recently driven a BMW 435i with the Harman Kardon sound upgrade, and the bass in my car is much better.

I'll look into the flat sub. I did look at the under seat ones but that will block off the heater ducts for the rear passengers feet. mark, do you know how they tapped into the system?

Not heard the HK option on a A class but we bought a demonstrator without it .:(

I believe MB moved from Harman Kardon to Burmester in recent years, though I am not sure re availability for the A-Class. See also:

https://www.burmester.de/en/automotive/mercedes-benz/

The 'flat' subwoofer in my car is indeed an 'underseat' unit, though it was installed in the boot - I don't think that any of the so-called 'underseat' units can really fit under the seat of a small European car, it seems they are aimed at American SUVs...

At any rate the choice of an 'underseat' unit for the boot was good because it hardly takes-up any boot space at all.

Can't help with the connections... Comandonline did the installation, and all the wires and connections are hidden under trim panels.

Last edited:
Check these additional sound settings:

https://youtu.be/KzWqBeg3FRc

At 3:00.

Your Audio20 might not have these settings as it's a different model... but worth checking the hidden menu on your unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom