Merc Benz Cup?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This one only a tenner from your local dealership

0004f56f.png

https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/en-gb/collection/pdp/Thermo-mug/B67870654/

I was given this one for free when I had the Vito serviced :)

Did it have lipstick marks on it?? :)

Thanks a lot Whitenemesis :)

I'm quite tempted by one of those Swiss army knives to keep in the car for emergencies, but I can't help but feel a leatherman is more useful... it just doesn't match the car.

I was interested to buy one..not that I don't have a travel mug but I wanted one with a Merc logo on it ;) .. A bit of search and found this one on Amazon but blimey look at that price tag?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014W4S0EW/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Anyone aware of any cheaper but good travel mug with a logo on it? :D

Had one of these given to me by the dealership, never used it and it does not really fit the cup holders very well.

By the way my cup holders are pants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had one of these given to me by the dealership, never used it and it does not really fit the cup holders very well.

Boxer or Jockey? :dk: :D

I will go with the ones which whitenemesis mentioned...probably pick it up from local dealer this weekend..

I'm quite tempted by one of those Swiss army knives to keep in the car for emergencies, but I can't help but feel a leatherman is more useful... it just doesn't match the car.

For the car , I have a small Halfords Advanced toolkit in the boot of each car ; I generally buy these when Halfords are having one of their regular half price offers .

Re multi tools , I've had a succession of Victorinox Swiss Champ tools , on my third as I carry it every day and use it all the time - they tend to last me about 10 years before I break bits or wear them out .

I also have several Gerber multi tools , prefer them to Leathermen , but it is a personal choice .

If I was buying another , I'd perhaps look at the Victorinox Swiss Tools range , which are a similar design to Gerber/Leatherman type tools - depends what you want them for . I like the look of this one

https://www.victorinox.com/uk/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/SwissTools/SwissTool-X-Plus/p/3.0338.L

Multi tools are very handy , but not a substitute for real tools .

Last edited:
Maybe I'll do something similar. - With the Nissan I usually keep a roll of the common tools I need to keep it going (14mm, 17mm, 12mm and 10mm spanners; two screwdrivers; pliers; and a knife).

I haven't worked-out which ones I'd need for the CLK yet, but I'll probably do the same since there's a nice place to put them in the tray over the spare wheel.

I don't actually need a Swiss army knife of leatherman in the car; I just find it a reassuring thing... Be Prepared is what they taught me in the Scouts.

I'll look at Gerber. - They're owned by Fiskars, who make some fine scissors and garden tools.

Can I just say that my cup holders are in the oddest place possible? I mostly drink cold drinks rather than coffee and the cup holders are over a heater vent!

Are all these Victorinox/Leatherman/the other one you mentioned things the male equivalent of the glasses/sunglasses/comb/brush/scarves I keep in my car?:eek:

My Mrs frequently criticises my car for having no cup holders.

My Mrs frequently criticises my car for having no cup holders.

Hasn't she heard of 'don't drink and drive' ? :D

For myself , I don't see the attraction of these 'travel cups' : any that I've seen colleagues with look filthy with heavy tea-staining inside and I wouldn't want to drink from them , even if I did feel inclined to swill tea/coffee on the move , which I don't .

I normally keep a small bottle of water handy , just in case I take a coughing fit , or overcome with thirst , but still would almost always tend to wait until safely stopped somewhere before partaking .

For myself , I don't see the attraction of these 'travel cups' : any that I've seen colleagues with look filthy with heavy tea-staining inside and I wouldn't want to drink from them , even if I did feel inclined to swill tea/coffee on the move , which I don't .

I normally keep a small bottle of water handy , just in case I take a coughing fit , or overcome with thirst , but still would almost always tend to wait until safely stopped somewhere before partaking .

For me it just looks nice a coffee mug sitting in cup holder when you look at it from outside.. I may not be using it at all and will just keep it as a decoration piece :D

I tend to find coffee on the move unsatisfying but she often picks up a takeaway coffee when a passenger with me, to be fair it is a bit odd that the W211 doesn't have anywhere to put a cup.

I tend to find coffee on the move unsatisfying but she often picks up a takeaway coffee when a passenger with me, to be fair it is a bit odd that the W211 doesn't have anywhere to put a cup.
Ditto. - I prefer not to try and drink coffee or similar when driving, but the boss lady likes to have one.
(Ditto that the W209 doesn't have anywhere to put a cup... except for the rear passengers.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom