Merc C240 (W202) Issue with hesitant gear change (Automatic)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jangle

Hi All,

I hope some maybe able to throw some light on my current issue.

My Mercedes C240 (R) seems to hestitate between selecting Gear 1 and 2 if I break for a junktion and then try and pull away quickly it is very snatchy with it's gear change.

When I am cruising along and hut the kick switch it just goes into overdrive and feels as it it is going to rev right round to and through the red side.

I have another merc C280 (M) that is fine a little hard when changing up but a proper gear change and always on the button with the power.

I am look for any advise people may have to offer.

Thank YOU
Stuart

Hitting the kick down should give the the results you are getting although it should change up on or just in the red. Try re-setting the throttle as follows, turn ignition to on (do not start) press throttle to floor, hold for 5 seconds, release throttle and leave ignition on for two minutes. This procedure was posted on another forum, I tried it on my c230k and it made a world of difference to the gear change quality especially 1st to 2nd when cold, an oil change may also help, but my experience says it won't, but do check the transmision oil level, for this you will need a mercedes workshop type dipstick available from dealers at about £25.

please do a search on the forum, there are lods of posts on this, firstly get someone to check your gearbox oil level, sounds like its low.

Could be the MAF sensor reducing torque output. This can cause banging shifts and will hold the lower gear due to less torque.

Hi All,

Thank you all for your information.

I will let you know how I get on.

Regards
Stuart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom