Merc C36 AMG no compression in 1 cylinder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sidp47

Hi ive just bought a c36 amg with the engine out of the car. the compression is down on one cylinder. what could the possible problems be???? would i need to rebore the cylinder????

Is it possible to put a c230 kompressor engine into the c36??

I think the c36 is a c280 engine which is bored out. what about gettin a c280 engine and having it bored out?? im going to replace all the engine parts but there shouldn't be and damage to the actual cast iron engine should there?? it hasn't been in an accident, the bodywork is perfect

What is the reading?

Perform a leak down test that way you know if it's bore or valve related before you lift the head off.

It could be gasket, valves or rings.

must be! the thing is, its not really very complicated, as you say its only a 280 engine with bits bored out so im sure you could work with what you have...

The engines in parts

The readings 90k miles

when i bought the car, the engine was out and in bits. all i know is that the compression is down in 1 cylinder. i cant perform the tests cuz its not inn one piece

There's no point ....surely ....

If you buy a C36 (which is basically together , but with engine probs ) why put a 2.3 engine in it ? :crazy:

What it would cost to get the 2.3 , the loom, the ECU etc etc etc ... you'd be better off biting the bullet and getting the 3.6 sorted out ....

If you were going to put a 2.3 in it , why didn't you just buy a c180 ? :confused:

Get the 3.6 done, you won't regret it ....

engine management , looms, ecu, gearbox will all be different, your better off trying to fix the C36 engine, it may be bored out both there are a load of other components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom