merc classic club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevieraylamb

Hi guys anyone no of a classic merc club in the uk that i can join. Any help please i need proof that my car is a classic before i can export it to the caribean.any help please.

There`s no such club as far as I`m aware.What car is it?

Not to sure its. Its for a pal of mine who, trying to send his car over to the caribean, need some kind of confimation its a classic. Thanks for your help, i will keep you posted when i get some more info,again thanks. He,s just turned up it,s a 300 SL24 auto.

That would be stretching the definition a bit - any reason why he needs it to be a classic car?

You can`t really call a 129 a classic yet,simply because they we`re built till 2001 or so

Seems he can,t. Take his pride and joy over there because its over 5 years and cant get a permit.unless its classed as a classic.

my 129 (and many others) are on classic insurance... but it is stretching the definition a little r107's yes but 129's are sub 20yrs old ( mostly)

Seems he can,t. Take his pride and joy over there because its over 5 years and cant get a permit.unless its classed as a classic.

Ah - how do they define a classic?

^ that was going to be my question.

A 300-24 is probably 20 years old, so may qualify.

Dont no about the age the car has to be,but can be classed as a classic if the car has special feartures i.e elec hood 24 valve etc.

Dont no about the age the car has to be,but can be classed as a classic if the car has special feartures i.e elec hood 24 valve etc.

um no. not when every SL r129 has elec hood and multivalve engine..

future classic yes... classic no.

Are you sure ;)

pretty sure they all have at least 2 valves per cyl... :devil: and never seen a manual roof... ( though I have seen a manual 'box)

Thank again guys. Will find out if it has any more outstanding extras toomorrow.might be a good idea it he lets me look after it for a few years:).

First its your car then its a friends? Anyhow seems your friend doesnt have a clue what is counted as a classic. Assuming its Jamaica he wants to take it to tell him to read The Motor Vehicle Import Policy on this link: TRADE BOARD HOME

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom