Merc Dealer confusing me on Service Intervals!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CliveP

Car
SLK 200
Hi,

Just joined the forum having acquired a December 2010 SLK 200K from a main Merc dealer.

The Merc website clearly says a service every 15500 miles as does the service book (as did the salesman). The car was serviced by them prior to collection but after taking delivery the service indicator was saying next service at 9,000 miles - assuming they'd forgotten to reset the service indicator, I contacted them asking to have it reset only to be told that my car is in fact on a variable service interval - I checked the main Merc website and the last cars on this type of variable servicing was in 2007! They've gone off to confirm this but seem to believe they have something in writing on it (not yet received).

Have I got something wrong? Services every 9000 miles v 15500 is a big difference - but I also have them on the fact I bought the car on the understanding service intervals are every 15500 miles....

Any advice from those in the know appreciated!

ps - strangely as well my local Merc dealer thinks the electronic system shows one more service completed than the supplying dealer and the one recently done by the supplying dealer, isn't showing! More than one service database held by Mercedes????

Regards,
Clive.

i have a 2010 C 350 CDI and mine is every 15500 miles. When i had it done when i picked it up it said next service in '364 days' but now it's saying due in 2000 miles.

just had a look at the Mercedes website and it says:-

Many models produced from 2007 have fixed service intervals. Services alternate from A to B and occur every 15,500 miles or after one year, whichever comes sooner. These fixed service intervals make it easier for you to plan your servicing around your schedule, making it less likely for you to miss a service.

Now the first word says 'many' and doesn't mean all, so maybe it is true and you just may have the wrong service booklet??? but i dont know if there are differant booklets for what types of Service ASSYST the car has.

Thanks Paul - yes I checked the website where I read that - I think the 'many' basically excludes models like AMGs, etc. The service booklet I have states which ones this interval doesn't apply to.

Regards,
Clive.

The car was serviced by them prior to collection but after taking delivery the service indicator was saying next service at 9,000 miles
This has happened to my wife's MY2009 SLK350 twice. The service interval for your car is the same as hers, i.e. 15,500 miles / 12 months, but what's happened is that the dealer has failed to record that it's on a fixed interval when they reset the service indicator. Talk to the service dept. and get them to set it correctly.

BTW, I saw the pic's of your car in the detailing thread and other than missing 2 cylinders and about 1700cc, it's a clone of my wife's car: Fire Opal Red and Sports Pack. Very nice :thumb:

Thanks Phil - appreciated - they are trying to palm me off it's on a 9000 cycle so your information is very much appreciated.

Thanks for the comments on my car :)

Tell your wife she has great taste (in cars that is, lol) - I wonder who'd nicked that 1700cc! lol

Regards,
Clive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom