Merc driver jailed for speeding past 11 Gatsos on false number plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Haha , ah well :) some you win , some you loose ..

Im sure everyone would jump at the chance to do the same if they thought they could get away with it :)

Grinning and waving at the camera seems a bit silly if you're trying to remain anonymous................

How else could they have traced him I wonder

I saw a superb article once that claimed some pics were good enough quality to pull the real license plate details off etched windows or the tax disc! :)

I saw a superb article once that claimed some pics were good enough quality to pull the real license plate details off etched windows or the tax disc! :)

Well they do that sort of thing in CSI every week, so it must be true :D

Hi,

Pity the poor person :eek: whose number plate he used (assuming it was a 'clone').

Same thing happened to a motor cyclist, I believe (today's Standard or Mail), who was 'gatso'd' @ 105 mph on numerous occasions. Eventually he got 11 counts of dangerous driving when they finally identified him from his bike and leathers etc.

Cheers,

How arrogant. Deserves what he got.

Grinning and waving at the camera seems a bit silly if you're trying to remain anonymous................

When a frenchman was speeding every Monday on the M3 they set a trap and waited,and got him

When a frenchman was speeding every Monday on the M3 they set a trap and waited,and got him

Makes an interesting point - when I emailed my local camera partnership I asked how many foreign plates they had "gatsoed" and how many were prosecuted --- no surprise but they had photographed 4350 in a 12 month period - prosecutions -ZERO... Now if anyone has been to France on the motorway back to Calais - they sit about 10km from the tool booth and log all cars - especially foreign ones - then at the booth there are the police booking them all and fining them on the spot...

Well we can do the same - why not use the number plate recognition and at all ports - the numberplate is scanned and all outstanding fines have to be paid before the car can leave .....

Just a thought ...as to why should Johnny Foreigner get away with it whilst we cant in their countries...

Makes an interesting point - when I emailed my local camera partnership I asked how many foreign plates they had "gatsoed" and how many were prosecuted --- no surprise but they had photographed 4350 in a 12 month period - prosecutions -ZERO... Now if anyone has been to France on the motorway back to Calais - they sit about 10km from the tool booth and log all cars - especially foreign ones - then at the booth there are the police booking them all and fining them on the spot...

Well we can do the same - why not use the number plate recognition and at all ports - the numberplate is scanned and all outstanding fines have to be paid before the car can leave .....

Just a thought ...as to why should Johnny Foreigner get away with it whilst we cant in their countries...

Yes it cost me £450 last year going 145mph through Danmark

Had I said that I did not have any money, it would not of cost me anything, the Policeman asked me how much money I had before he took it

Only in Denmark...where they are soooo polite...no credit cards?

...Moral of the story- Don't drive at 145mph on public roads with a speed limit :(

...Moral of the story- Don't have £450 in your back pocket!!

Find that one hard to believe...a fine is a fine...most countries where they find you on the spot they will impound the car until paid, or take you to a ATM...and having lived in Denmark where they are so strict on endangering others - at 145 mph I think a jail sentence or community service would be in order - I can't even see our police letting anyone off that speed -- Are you sure it wasn't 145 kph ?

20 years back 2 friends of mine got arrested in Manchester for a little altercation,in court friend no1 had to reveal his wage so the beak could work out a fine.....he was on a YTS course and 25 quid a week Sir ..... friend no 2 had to do the same ..... he was a bit of a show off .. he worked for a local builder and was on good money .. but he could never resist telling porkpies or being out done so he told the beak that he was earning 150 per week he was on about 60 quid ... so beck fined no1 15 quid and no2 85 quid ha ha ha his face in the pub was a picture

When we're all subjected to the enforcement of nonsensical laws by camera "partnerships", it's no wonder that people do things like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom