Merc E class (W213) Service Plan cost.?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercA

Car
Merc
I got 3 year service plan quote from Merc - £37 per month for 3 years for 3 services!!

What is Merc E class Full service cost from Main dealer..??

Sounds normal...

First impression is that it sounds normal, but I'll let others comment on your specific model.

The most basic of service (called an A Service on W211's) is £350+ a pop

But the real reason for commenting, "and I mean this most sincerely," is that a first quote is always a first quote.

Everything is negotiable for those who can be bothered to ask. (Most can't)

Yes I pay £37 pounds a month for my E200 coupe which I started about 7 months after I bought the car. I did mulll it over as I was not really keen to be on a monthly plan. It does include the automatic transmission fluid change and a free loan car.

I've looked at getting the service plan for my E220 Coupe but I can't really see the benefit. Mine's due it's first service in a few weeks and the cost at my nearest dealer is £251 (Drop & Go or Lounge) with diagnostics ,if required, at £141. If I go to the MB dealer in Bath they will charge £244 and £75 for diagnostics.
If I had taken out the service plan @ £37 a month for 2 services over two years , I will have paid in £888 less £251 for the first service which would make my second service £637. :confused::confused::confused::confused:
OK I have to wait at the dealership to get the car serviced but that's like leaving a kid in a toyshop.

Take out the service plan prior to a B service to maximise value.

The 4th and 5th year services are the hefty ones, as they include air filter, fuel filter (diesel cars only), spark plugs (pertol cars only), ATF (automatic cars only), and at least one brake fluid change - all of which will be covered (if ESS says so).

But I agree that for the first 3 services there is little financial advantage (other than the fact the payment is made in instalments).

if you go by 3 year service costs, service plan is not good. Unless these service plan gives anything more than normal service..??

My mid 2016 W213 E Class is due its first A service in June (12 months) and the main dealer is covering the cost of this service. After that I will take out a service agreement and hopefully get two B services and one A during its life.
My previous W210 E class was serviced each year (2 year) and when I traded it in I got £480 refund. You may find it a little cheaper but with the contract you simply do not have to worry they are fixed price for three years, services can be expensive and prices will always increase.

I got 3 year service plan quote from Merc - £37 per month for 3 years for 3 services!!

You must be doing low miles, mine was quoted as £89 plus vat based on 20k a year.

You must be doing low miles, mine was quoted as £89 plus vat based on 20k a year.

The Mercedes price list is £37 per month for a three year deal regardless of mileage as you are buying x number of services, the more you drive the quicker you use the services.
My prev W211 eclass was £37 for a four year deal (max is three now) had two services in two years and a refund of £480 when I cancelled it

The Mercedes price list is £37 per month for a three year deal regardless of mileage as you are buying x number of services, the more you drive the quicker you use the services.
My prev W211 eclass was £37 for a four year deal (max is three now) had two services in two years and a refund of £480 when I cancelled it

I was also quoted £37 a month, but the moment I said I was doing 20k a year printed price list went out the door.

Logically I would only have 3 services in 3 years based on 15.5k service intervals so couldn't understand it.:dk:

Paid out £367 for the first A service on mine at Mercedes Brooklands. Then took out a service plan on Black Friday, with a discount (£150 over the value of the full length of the plan, so £1332 down to £1182).

Therefore, I'd get as planned, 2 B services, and 1 A service. :thumb:

Paid out £367 for the first A service

My local dealer quote off the MB website is £251 for drop & go , how did you get up to £367 ?? Diagnostics quoted as £145 ( £110 MB Bath) extra but only if required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom