merc E320diesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rocket108

Car
merc c class kompressor
Help having nitemare with car. Turned it off after i got home. Went to it nxt morn,turns over wont start. Changed cam sensor and crankshaft as it cam up as non plasuble.. tryed easy start runs on it but dont keep going. Any ideas pls..

Failing O rings on the clear fuel pipes allowing air in?

Help having nitemare with car. Turned it off after i got home. Went to it nxt morn,turns over wont start. Changed cam sensor and crankshaft as it cam up as non plasuble.. tryed easy start runs on it but dont keep going. Any ideas pls..
put new fuel pipes on with o rings and high pressure pump. And still no joy. Its like something jus switched off.??

Runs on easy start jus dnt carry on,,

Time for a little more info...what year is the car?

Its a 2002 6cyl E320. Changed cam an crank sensors. High pressure pump. Dont no what else. Turns over great jus wont fire up. Runs up on easy start but wont keep running. Hair pulling out time..

If you sort any possible air ingress issues, you have leak off in one or more injectors, with reasonable certainty. Get a leak off test done if you can. As suggested, replace all 3 of those crappy plastic fuel pipes in and around the HP pump, filter and rail. It's a simple job technically but a bit of a faff, especially where they route under the HP pump. It you remove the brake servo vacuum pump thingy (top leftish on front of engine), you'll get adequate access. That should eliminate the likely air ingress. Then go for the leak off check.

If you sort any possible air ingress issues, you have leak off in one or more injectors, with reasonable certainty. Get a leak off test done if you can. As suggested, replace all 3 of those crappy plastic fuel pipes in and around the HP pump, filter and rail. It's a simple job technically but a bit of a faff, especially where they route under the HP pump. It you remove the brake servo vacuum pump thingy (top leftish on front of engine), you'll get adequate access. That should eliminate the likely air ingress. Then go for the leak off check.

Hi did a leak off test seemed ok. I.m gonna try it again..

Hi did a leak off test seemed ok. I.m gonna try it again..
Replaced all crappy pipes. New high pressure pump.cam and crank sensors.still no joy. Strange as was running a dream,turned it off wen got ome.then nothing nxt morn..?,?

You need it plugged in to look at the pump pressure value firstly.

I'm hoping my pump is ok too.....was replaced in '13 by previous owner by Mercedes so hoping it is ok. I'll know later when I get my two injectors fitted.

Done leak off test on injectors. They fine. Now run out of ideas..

The star will show actual value and expected value.

It's all in the operator of the stars ability to read the info.

Hi in march cambs. Now tryed new pressure switch on the common rail. Tryed it all now.whats nxt.??

Hi,
Instead of keeping throwing parts at the beast, you really need to get the codes read. Unfortunately, your car is not running, but I did a did quick search and there is mobile diesel engineer with diagnostics in MARCH.
https://www.yell.com/biz/e-m-a-s-els-mobile-automotive-services-march-7683966/
Apart from the reviews he has I know nothing of him, but it might be worth a punt just to phone him and see what he says about getting the codes read. Best of luck. Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom