Merc Ebay seller gone bad????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nictry

Car
ML63
I am wondering now whether I have I been stitched up on my first 'larger' Ebay purchase on my first MB mod :crazy:

Went with MBTuner (also known as matrixcar) to get a new facelift grill for my W210 and at the time was a bit worried as a couple of negs on his feeedback but in the last 2 weeks (since I paid £30 for one + £10 post) his negs have gone through the roof :( and he is getting loads of non sent items and paypal claims submitted against him)

Just a warning to anyone else thinking about buying from him as although only 10 days have passed since my purchase I must admit I am not confident!

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfrtsZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZmbQ5ftuner

Bit late to be telling me, I ordered 3 items totalling £57 and payment was made 6 days ago.

Although I had no problems with getting a response to e-mail enquiries I'll be watching with interest.

*edit* Having just read his feedback I'm more than a little worried. When I ordered he had 5 negatives in 12 months which I thought acceptable for a high volume seller, but I notice he now has aquired another 49 since I ordered.

Last edited:
Doesn't look good does it? :(

(Not that I've ordered anything!)

Fingers crossed for you guys....

Will

Ive bought from him in the past with no problems.
His postage costs are a bit steep :rolleyes:
His feedback isn't looking good :eek:
Not sure whats going on with eBay. Ive done a lot of buying and selling over the years and seem to be having more trouble in the last few months than ever before.
One of the sellers had 100% feedback and claimed computer problems etc etc etc for item not arriving. :crazy:
She ended up with loads of negatives over a few weeks too.
Even had a buyer try to claim the item wasn't as described (when I put 6 photos on the auction) who tried to persue a claim against me :mad: :rolleyes: :confused:
Needless to say he failed :D :devil:

I havent bought from MB tuner but Powerstyling is also matrixcar.de

Powerstyling Feedback

No problems there and a more than acceptable nuber of negs for a feedback of 17000 :eek:

Perhaps he is just to busy from what he can handle. Most of the problems seem to come from UK buyers.

When I was buying one of the negatives was the fact the all emails were in German. Well Im sorry but if you choose to buy from a German seller then it up to you to translate the emails.

Also get the number from Matriscar.de website and speak to Ralf. He speaks English and I had a small issue with delivery that was quickly resolved.

Trya a PM to Grav888 - he used to deal with him a lot and might have a telephone number..

GrahamC230K said:
Trya a PM to Grav888 - he used to deal with him a lot and might have a telephone number..

Matrixcar
- Herr Ralf Schmidt -
Alte Strasse 22
DE - 79541 Lörrach
Telephone: +49 7621 1688514
Fax: +49 7621 1688519
E-mail : [email protected]

nictry said:
I am wondering now whether I have I been stitched up on my first 'larger' Ebay purchase on my first MB mod :crazy:

Went with MBTuner (also known as matrixcar) to get a new facelift grill for my W210 and at the time was a bit worried as a couple of negs on his feeedback but in the last 2 weeks (since I paid £30 for one + £10 post) his negs have gone through the roof :( and he is getting loads of non sent items and paypal claims submitted against him)

Just a warning to anyone else thinking about buying from him as although only 10 days have passed since my purchase I must admit I am not confident!

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfrtsZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZmbQ5ftuner

With that amount of negative feedback (altho' 1 posted 3 times & 1 four times over) it won't be many days now before this eBay seller is 'struck off'. I would avoid like the plague

I think what is poor about Ebay though is how he is allowed to 'Neg' everyoone who posts a complaint about him, looking at the feedback he has left up to the end of Feb it was only positive feedback, now he is blatently 'Negging' people who appear to have valid complaints and in the process ruining a lot of 100% ratings of perfectly good buyers, basically meaning the process of leaving a negative for a bad seller is a risk because of the dbad feedback you will get yourself (I have an 11 feedback and 100% so I will be reluctant to leave him anything as it will effect me a lot more than him!)

Although I still have my fingers crossed, just out of interest as I paid by Paypal using a credit card does anyone know if I can claim from my CC company if the goods never turn up? (putting in a paypal claim being a waste of time in reality!)

if I can claim from my CC company if the goods never turn up? (putting in a paypal claim being a waste of time in reality!)

Why is a paypal claim a 'waste of time' - until you know that is.

I would look at paypal in detail - even phone them up - and get a chargeback of the payment if you are not confident the goods will arrive.

As I understand it yes you can get the payment back from your cc. They all differ slightly I believe but why not call their customer services to put your case on record NOW ;) and get their advice whilst also looking at paypal.

Good luck . . .

Because even if Paypal do agree my claim reading the terms of the Paypal protection scheme once they deduct the minimum 'fee' and don't include postage I will only receive £15.00 of my £40 that I have paid, so not exactly a good rate of return!!!!!

I have bought a number of things (grille, gearknob, illuminated sills, etc) from Ralf - and have always found him to be a first class trader. His postage costs are a bit high - but the goods always come well packaged and consequently have never been damaged.
These purchases were all made from his web site - not through e-bay. I would perhaps now be wary if he had a high negative feedback count.....

PS - If you deal directly with Ralf you can pay by credit card. I have found this to be quite unusual with German suppliers - but handy as you are better protected against non-arrival of goods. He also has a reasonable understanding of the English language - much better than my German. All that I can say in German is 'I have a sister' - surprisingly this hasn't been much use when buying parts for my CLK.......

Paul G

Looks like this MB tuner is perhaps somone buying in bulk through Ralf. Think I would certainaly go direct through Matrixcar.

Thmsshaun said:
Looks like this MB tuner is perhaps somone buying in bulk through Ralf. Think I would certainaly go direct through Matrixcar.

Nope the buying confirmation shows matrixcar.de as the seller so must be the same guy. I will reserve judgement for another week or so as a lot of the comments (even the positive ones) seem to mention long delivery times so not worth winding him up yet!

nictry said:
I will reserve judgement for another week or so as a lot of the comments (even the positive ones) seem to mention long delivery times so not worth winding him up yet!

I'll be doing the same, but I'll be making rather loud noises in about 7 to 10 days if nothing has happened.

I've had another look at his feedback and he seems to have accumulated a few more positives in the last 2 days so maybe there is some hope.

I allowed the week and made the phonecall after that. mine would have been quicker if it wasnt for an admin error. But if you look at the seller location for MB TUNER it cant possibly be the same person. Or if it is then there is some sort of third party agent incolved somewhere.

It does seem strange though. Still keep me posted as I am after some of those blinking mirror covers.

Thmsshaun said:
I allowed the week and made the phonecall after that. mine would have been quicker if it wasnt for an admin error. But if you look at the seller location for MB TUNER it cant possibly be the same person. Or if it is then there is some sort of third party agent incolved somewhere.

It does seem strange though. Still keep me posted as I am after some of those blinking mirror covers.

If you mean his location in the main details it states Gedling? However it also confirms seller location is in Germany so I think it is the same seller?

Ralph has hundreds of orders a week and only ships out stuff once a week, so be a bit patient and give the post a chance.
Royal mail in the UK isn't what it used to be :rolleyes:

lotusmark2 said:
Have to say I am waiting on average 14 days for royal mail to deliver parcels at the moment.

youve got to give them a chance to decide what parcels they want for themself ... give them a break :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom