Merc Ebay seller gone bad????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
GRAV888 said:
Ralph has hundreds of orders a week and only ships out stuff once a week, so be a bit patient and give the post a chance.
Royal mail in the UK isn't what it used to be :rolleyes:

I understand and appreciate the comments Graeme and am happy to give both the mail and the company a chance. That he has had my money for more than a week is not that much of a worry right now but it may be in another 10 days or so especially as I've mailed asking him to confirm receipt of my money and that the goods have been shipped and am getting no reply

My concerns aren't with the postal system, it's the fact that when I placed my order he only had 5/6 negatives and then seems to have accumulated another 50 in 2 weeks. And if you look at the feedback he's given to others he gave 100% positive up to 3rd February and then negative to EVERYONE who complained since then. When I clicked "buy it now" I paid within 5 minutes but it seems that if at some point I have a genuine complaint all I'm going to get for my trouble is negative feedback and that's out of order. I feel the guy should have left me positive feedback as soon as he trousered my money and not wait to see if I have a complaint so he can Neg me.

Last edited:
I made my first order on ebay last week with MBTuner. It was only a set of heater rings but they arrived within 1 week. I was pretty impressed with this and although the postage and packing costs were a bit steep I suppose they did come from Germany.

fuzzer said:
youve got to give them a chance to decide what parcels they want for themself ... give them a break :D

Meeoo-ouch!!! ;)

John

kikkthecat said:
I understand and appreciate the comments Graeme and am happy to give both the mail and the company a chance. That he has had my money for more than a week is not that much of a worry right now but it may be in another 10 days or so especially as I've mailed asking him to confirm receipt of my money and that the goods have been shipped and am getting no reply

My concerns aren't with the postal system, it's the fact that when I placed my order he only had 5/6 negatives and then seems to have accumulated another 50 in 2 weeks. And if you look at the feedback he's given to others he gave 100% positive up to 3rd February and then negative to EVERYONE who complained since then. When I clicked "buy it now" I paid within 5 minutes but it seems that if at some point I have a genuine complaint all I'm going to get for my trouble is negative feedback and that's out of order. I feel the guy should have left me positive feedback as soon as he trousered my money and not wait to see if I have a complaint so he can Neg me.

I wonder if sending an email in German may actually get a response? Noting comments above that Ralph/Raif speaks a little English this could be part of the problem?

I think if I don't receive anything next week (3 weeks since payment) I will try a nice polite 'German' email to see if this generates a response :confused:

fuzzer said:
youve got to give them a chance to decide what parcels they want for themself ... give them a break :D

Dont wind me up, I work for Royal Mail, sort of ..... Well for now anyway :eek:

Ian B Walker said:
Dont wind me up, I work for Royal Mail, sort of ..... Well for now anyway :eek:

Thats why you've got three Mercedes

So many parcels to open, so little time ......... ;) :D

We had 4 Alloys come from USA last night..........Import Duty, £52 Each :crazy: Bet they are returned hahaha. BTW wont fit any of my cars before you ask. On a serious note Theft within the business is taken VERY seriously with a no quibble Court Case :mad:

Thmsshaun said:
:eek: :eek: What was there value?

Probably not as much as those 18s you want! :eek: ;)

nictry said:
I wonder if sending an email in German may actually get a response? Noting comments above that Ralph/Raif speaks a little English this could be part of the problem?

I think if I don't receive anything next week (3 weeks since payment) I will try a nice polite 'German' email to see if this generates a response :confused:

Having met Ralf in Germany 2 years ago, I can assure you he speaks fluent English :)

GRAV888 said:
Having met Ralf in Germany 2 years ago, I can assure you he speaks fluent English :)

Oh! Have to say some of his feedback that he has left others suggested that may not have been the case :(

As you have met the guy any reason why he suddenly seems determined to mess his ratings up?

nictry said:
Oh! Have to say some of his feedback that he has left others suggested that may not have been the case :(

As you have met the guy any reason why he suddenly seems determined to mess his ratings up?

Not a clue mate.
Most of those who went on the first German adventure met him and bought something there.

kikkthecat said:
...When I clicked "buy it now" I paid within 5 minutes but it seems that if at some point I have a genuine complaint all I'm going to get for my trouble is negative feedback and that's out of order. I feel the guy should have left me positive feedback as soon as he trousered my money and not wait to see if I have a complaint so he can Neg me.

I agree 100%. I always make a point of paying immediately (I only buy from Paypal sellers), so I would expect a positive feedback to be left for me before the goods are even dispatched. After all, if you've paid promptly then your end of the deal is done, you have done all you can. I think it is very underhand for sellers to wait to see what feedback you leave before they leave theirs.

My parts arrived this morning, 11 days after payment was made. I dont know what happened with his feedback over the last few weeks, he obviously has a problem of some sort but it didn't affect me and my order.

As far as I'm concerned I got a quick and efficient service although I was worried for a short while.

TIME TO START MODDING :D :D

kikkthecat said:
My parts arrived this morning, 11 days after payment was made. I dont know what happened with his feedback over the last few weeks, he obviously has a problem of some sort but it didn't affect me and my order.

As far as I'm concerned I got a quick and efficient service although I was worried for a short while.

TIME TO START MODDING :D :D

Glad you got it sorted Ray :D

nickmann said:
I agree 100%. I always make a point of paying immediately (I only buy from Paypal sellers), so I would expect a positive feedback to be left for me before the goods are even dispatched. After all, if you've paid promptly then your end of the deal is done, you have done all you can. I think it is very underhand for sellers to wait to see what feedback you leave before they leave theirs.

No sorry i disagree. I sell on ebay and will NEVER leave feedback until the buyer is happy. Afterall you could have an item sold exactly as described the buyer may decide they dont like it something is not as they wanted have some unreasonable request and subsequently leave you negative feedback. When they would deserve that negative feedback.

You get one chance to post feedback and that feedback should be a true relection of the buying and selling experience.

Thmsshaun said:
No sorry i disagree. I sell on ebay and will NEVER leave feedback until the buyer is happy. Afterall you could have an item sold exactly as described the buyer may decide they dont like it something is not as they wanted have some unreasonable request and subsequently leave you negative feedback. When they would deserve that negative feedback.

You get one chance to post feedback and that feedback should be a true relection of the buying and selling experience.

Totally agree

GRAV888 said:
Totally agree

I guess thats a valid reason. I accept that you are intrinsically honest and genuinely are waiting for customer satisfation. I suspect others are not. When I made my comments I was not thinking of those 'troublesome buyer scenarios', only of my own actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom