Merc free Health Check at the dealership

Discussion in 'Engine' started by Oteda, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Oteda

Oteda Active Member

Car:
    V221
    Was at the dealership today, Loughton, and they offered me a free Health Check from my W221. Are they worth getting up in the morning for?

My car has been repaired completely with new glow plugs, however the coil light does keep coming on and off.

2. Gaz74

Gaz74 Active Member

Car:
    C32 AMG
    I was offered the same from my local dealer in Hertford, but they came to my work and did it there. Also, my boss's son is a tech there and he came out with the Star machine and did some extra tinkering to the car :D

You might as well go for it, it's 100% free and that is never a bad thing!

1 person likes this.
  3. Mike Walker

Mike Walker MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes W204 C220cdi Estate Ford Fiesta Mk 4
    Believe that most dealership offer the same thing at the start of each 'season' - summer/winter - and they wash the car too!

Can be seen by some as a way of MB generating work / income but they produce a report with costs attached so you could , if you felt like it, trundle down to your local Indy and see what they can do on £££'s

1 person likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Oteda

Oteda Active Member

Car:
    V221
    Thanks I will do, I suppose it would be worth while considering we are about to get another arctic winter!

5. BTB 500

BTB 500 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
    Take it - you are under no obligation to have anything they point out fixed.

We had a GTG at M-B Romford a few years ago and they did this for all the cars attending, even though most of us were not local (so would be unlikely to have work done there).

6. A210AMG

A210AMG MB Enthusiast

I had a call the other day and they will come round to the house and do the 'free; check..