Merc Newbie - What is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks

Thanks for that link.

Yea I think the one pictured is on hydraulic suspension, don't think air is a viable solution for a Mercedes due to the weight but that's just what I've seen written. I have no evidence to support that.

I'm trying to research potential next purchases. From that link I'm assuming if you go diesel the later C220 CDI would be the preferred engine?

Minus the AMG range, what sort of petrol engines would be preferred?

I'm not looking for an estate. Rather a really good quality car that I can do some slight modifications (mainly OEM) to to achieve a really beautiful and 'cool' look.

I'm not going to put big miles on it (probably around 7k a year) and I'd rather it had some kind of reasonable performance.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: not a fan of the later W203 shape C class.

Last edited:
Yep the best diesel engine was the 220 CDI in the W202.

Petrol.. Well the four cylinder 180 or 200/230 engines are very good, supercharged versions for the extra oomph but my favourite is the C240... its a V6 and is very very smooth.

Thanks for that.

How are the old SL's? I notice they come in for reasonable money (around £6k) so how do they respond to high milage etc.?

How are the older C classes with milage too?

Thanks for that.

How are the old SL's? I notice they come in for reasonable money (around £6k) so how do they respond to high milage etc.?

How are the older C classes with milage too?

Lots of info to be found if you use THIS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom